Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadySHARE Printer Utility for MAC OS X El Capitan

Sonic1972
Initiate

ReadySHARE Printer Utility for MAC OS X El Capitan

Has anyone out there tried their ReadySHARE since the update of El Capitan? After the upgrade my ReadySHARE didnt work, therefore had to download and reinstall, which seemed to go great up until the point where on request to Reeboot, the MAC just sits and hangs. I had to opt for a manual reeboot on which ReadySHARE doesnt function and anytime I try to activate it I get the error "install incomplete". I've tried this several times to only go through the same process. Cheers

Message 1 of 27

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We have officially released the compatible software to work with Mac OSX and above.

ReadySHARE Printer Utility Version 2.36

View solution in original post

Message 27 of 27

All Replies
Yabou28
Tutor

I've got the same problem...

Message 2 of 27
Bootey
Aspirant

I also have the same problem...

Message 3 of 27
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone

We're working towards supporting ReadySHARE  on El Capitan but there is no ETA at this time. Please do check back on the Download Center occasionally for any updated Utilities. http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/ Thank you!

DarrenM

Message 4 of 27
j9n750
Initiate

We keep seeing that Netgear is working on this fix, but El Capitan was in Beta for some time.  Can we get an actual estimate from Netgear?

Message 5 of 27
waader
Initiate

Everytime Apple makes a new system, Netgear sleeps for some months... Same with Yosemite. Man Sad

Message 6 of 27
Sonic1972
Initiate

Any feedback on a fix, Apple had the beta version available for a while, Would expect Netgear to be ontop of these issues in advance!

Message 7 of 27
Jim_Ventura
Initiate

it is possible that after months that came out the new Mac operating system you still have to fix this problem .

I have to work and study with the computer , I need to print documents and other material .

the service you are offering is really poor . try to solve as soon as possible , because it's already been a long time !

Greetings

Message 8 of 27
amadeusmozart
Aspirant

Any update ont he progress of this issue? Thanks!

Message 9 of 27
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Everyone

Note: The current utility is not compatible with OS X El Capitan 10.11. As soon as Apple release the open source code for 10.11 we will modify and update our utility.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24077

As of right now we are still waiting on apple to release the the source code.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 27
DevT
Aspirant

Has Apple communicated a date when the open source code for 10.11 will be released?

This is really poor messaging on Netgear's part - no one's buying this "We are helpless till

Apple releases its code" message

Message 11 of 27
Creakydoor
Tutor

+1 for having this problem.  Any workarounds to print?  Printer is in another room, so direct connect isn't a great option.

Also, perhaps a note about El Capitan on http://www.netgear.com/readyshare so that others don't have to struggle with the issues?

Message 12 of 27
neuegroup
Aspirant

+1 Same Issue here. Althgout, I've never had it working. Starting here on El Capitan. I kept running in circles until I found this thread. Any ETA on when this will be updatd?

Message 13 of 27
TheGoldenMaster
Initiate

http://9to5mac.com/2015/12/08/apple-os-x-el-cap-open-source/

Looks like Apple released the open source for el cap last week. Is there an update on an ETA for the updated USB control center Utility. I don't mean to be a bugger, just really looking foward to being able to print wirelessly from all my devices... thank you

Jesse

Message 14 of 27
Wukaka
Aspirant

Any beta release for us? As previously when 10.10 released you guys gave me a beta release for us to work. We eager to have it for our printing work!

Message 15 of 27
reflex
Aspirant

I have been checking this forum to an update on whether the new patch has been released for the nighthawk R7000 printer - Mac version.

i still can not print or connect to my wireless printer.

The error is comes up with is "Installation incomplete"

Message 16 of 27
Sergino
Initiate

On December 8th 2015 Apple released the open soirce code for El Capitan. What are you still waiting?

Message 17 of 27
mbojo
Aspirant

Just spoke to a representative to see if there has been progress made on this front. I was advise that it is still not compatible and I have to check back on their site periodically to see what the fix is available. Really disappointed. I never setup this feature on my PCs and now that I have a brand new Mac with the latest software, I can't use this feature. Also extremely disappointed in the fact that there is a limited amount of time to get phone support for their products. I've never had to call regarding my router and the one time I do, I'm reminded that their not supposed to help me because time has elapsed on the product that I bought less than a year ago. Way to stand behind your product and service your customers. Wow. 

Message 18 of 27
kleinveld
Aspirant

Just bought a new Netgear router and wanted to use the printer function as well with Mac OS X 10.11. Is there any progress, as OS X 10.11 is already out for a while I suppose....

Message 19 of 27
amboworld
Initiate

It has been 5 months since this answer and still no solution, please update again, surely you have what you need from apple to resolve this by now? i cannot print from my apple handheld devices and i bought your router specifically as it promised to allow this.

Message 20 of 27
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello amboworld 

We still do not have what we need from apple to fix this.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24077

DarrenM

Message 21 of 27
artdent
Aspirant

It has been a few months since the last update and 8 months since the original report. Any news?

At this point, it's approaching false advertising to market these routers as supporting printer sharing.

Message 22 of 27
billor
Aspirant

I just bought my nighthawk 2 days ago for €324....this is clearly mis leading selling, no mention whatsoever of problems with printing from El Capatain

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 23 of 27
martinandersen
Aspirant

I agree. This is misleading selling, these days no El Capitain functionality equels no Mac Os functionality Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 27
billor
Aspirant

Decided enough was enough...Fortunatley as I bought my netgear X4s online I was able to return it for a full refund as it does not do what it claims to do.

Amazon returned my money without quibble while netgear sits on their hands.

I wonder how much loss of they sales it will take for them to re-act 

Message 25 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7