Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SETUP HELP

gregnsusan
Aspirant

SETUP HELP

Am trying to setup the router and having difficulties, cannot logon to the router login.net

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: SETUP HELP

@gregnsusan wrote:

Am trying to setup the router ....

First, the D7800 is a modem/router. Is that what you have?

@gregnsusan wrote:

....cannot logon to the router login.net

Can you take us through what you are doing and where it goes wrong?

There are lots of ways into routerlogin.net, the solution to your problem may depend on what you are doing.

Most experienced users try it with a standard browser on a PC that is wired by LAN to the device.

There is also the desktop app, not to mention various genies for mobile devices.

There is a support for the D7800, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

I'd start with the Quick Start guide.

By the way, you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to
Apps and Services. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

Your device is a DSL Modem/Router. You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

DSL Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 5
gregnsusan
Aspirant

I finally got the router set-up but cannot get the smart tv to link with the wifi. I reset the tv but the router still is not finding it. All the other devices are connected. Its a Panasonic. When I go in to set-up the wifi on the tv the the wifi section is shaded and will not let me set it up. I have tried going into nighthawk and figure out how to do it from there but have been unable to. I have rebooted night hawk as well but nothing. Suggestions?

Message 3 of 5

@gregnsusan wrote:

I reset the tv but the router still is not finding it.

That's not how it works. The router does not "find" the TV. The TV finds and connects to the router's wifi.

So you'll have to play around with the TV.

When I go in to set-up the wifi on the tv the the wifi section is shaded and will not let me set it up.

Does the Panasonic have a troubleshooting guide?

Things are usually "greyed out" for a reason. Perhaps it cannot see the wifi. But other things connect, so it seems that there is wifi.

Is there some sort "switch" in the TV's settings that toggle between wifi and wired LAN? (Wired is best of you can manage it.)

Does the TV  demand a particular security setting.

Is there any mention of "WPS" in the Panasonic's settings?

You might get better help if you said what this TV is. We know nothing from the simple "Its a Panasonic." statement.

Message 4 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] It[']s a Panasonic. [...]

Not a very detailed description of anything.  Does Panasonic make
only one model of television receiver?

> [...] When I go in to set-up the wifi on the tv the the wifi section
> is shaded and will not let me set it up. [...]

Perhaps that's because your TV supports some kind of (optional)
wireless-network adapter, which you don't have.  A user manual for your
"a Panasonic" might be a good place to start.  I'm sure that a Web
search for "Panasonic TV" will find something.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7