Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Turn off wireless signal by schedule on DGN1000v1 not working properly

Thad_B
Aspirant

Turn off wireless signal by schedule on DGN1000v1 not working properly

On my N150 wifi router (firmware : V1.1.00.50_ww) I turned off the wireless signal daily from 23:30 to 8:00. It turns off correctly at 23:30 but it does not turn on at 8:00 and I have to do it manually. Router's current time is OK. Is anybody experiencing the same issue ? Is there anything I can do to fix it ?

Regards,

Thad

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Turn off wireless signal by schedule on DGN1000v1 not working properly

Hello Thad_B

There's is a new version of Firmware I would try to update to that. But have you tried a different time like 7:30 to see if it works then and just not on 8?

http://support.netgear.com/product/DGN1000

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Thad_B
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm going to follow your suggestion and see what happens tomorrow ! The strange thing is that since my message I've noticed that some days it works, some it doesn't (although "Recurrence Pattern" is set to "Daily".)

Thad

Message 3 of 6
Thad_B
Aspirant

Changing morning hour doesn't solve the issue... It looks like my router don't like to wake up ! Regarding the new firmware, I can't make the upgrade ; it is for North America only and I'm located in Europe.

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Thad_B

That is really odd that feature isn't working as attended I will send this on to engineering to look at but the other thing you can try is to go back to a older firmware and see if it does the same thing.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
Thad_B
Aspirant

Hello,

I didn't succeed in going back to previous settings (V1.1.00.49_ww), the router power lights blinked for half an hour and nothing happened… I had to power off the router and restart it. I did a "restore factory settings" but it doesn't get the original firmware back; I'm still with the .50ww (and not very confident about trying again to downgrade to .49ww).

Thad

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7