Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WARNING -- > WIFI no SECURITY after upgrade to 1.0.1.42

inspigr
Aspirant

WARNING -- > WIFI no SECURITY after upgrade to 1.0.1.42

Hi to all,

I get "WARNING No Security" after upgrading my  NETGEAR D7000 – Nighthawk AC1900 to latest firmware 1.0.1.42.

I have download localy the new firmware and install it.

I reboot multiple times.

I disable it from front button and re - enable it.

No luck!

OS MS Windows 10.

Any solution is welcome!!!

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FUNKHOUSER
Tutor

I have the same problem with the same router and firmware update. After update my internet connection keeps dropping out also. I have to keep turning the router/modem off and on to get a connection back.

I got rid of the security warning by adding a password to the guest network, not sure if its a fix but it cleared the warning

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
FUNKHOUSER
Tutor

I have the same problem with the same router and firmware update. After update my internet connection keeps dropping out also. I have to keep turning the router/modem off and on to get a connection back.

I got rid of the security warning by adding a password to the guest network, not sure if its a fix but it cleared the warning

Message 2 of 8
inspigr
Aspirant

Hi FUNKHOUSER,

Thanks to your fix, everything fixed now.

I have Guest network disabled, but even in that case it needed (accrding to NETGEAR) to have a password.

After putting a password, the Warning Message disappeared!

Thank you!!!

Message 3 of 8
deOldphart
Aspirant

Yes, thanks for that suggestion. It did clear the WiFi warning, but it isn't completely a fix.  The scrolling text in the lower part of the WiFi panel now shows only the SSID and PW for the guest network (which I also have turned off) but does not show the SSID and PW of the main network.  Something in that update is not right and it is failing to detect (and show) the main network security.

Message 4 of 8
inspigr
Aspirant

Thank you deOldphart for your clarification.

All these, is what we found so far.

I assume there is more. Hope to find a solution ... and the update Firmware ASAP!

Message 5 of 8
CDL65
Tutor

Hi,

This is a known problem with V42 firmware. Netgear have a new beta release of firmware (V1.0.1.44_1.0.1) - I recently upgraded to this version from the V38 beta (I did NOT do a factory reset or reload any configuration parameters from backup file).

Although I have not exhaustively tested functionality, it appears that the problem where V42 firmware incorrectly reports no security on the wifi network is resolved. Also, the scrolling text on the Basic/Home screen now correctly shows the wireless status of the main wifi network rather than the guest network. It is no longer necessary to specify a password for the guest network(s) in order to get this working.

I did test that the reserved IP address function worked OK, and it did (this was a problem with V38).

I still have a really annoying problem where the attached devices screen shows a hyphen "-" rather than an allocated IP address for some/all attached devices.

I will leave the firmware on the beta V44 for a while and continue to test - I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 6 of 8
deOldphart
Aspirant

Thanks for the update, CDL65. Reassuring to know Netgear is on the case (not that this is a critical issue). Will look for the new firmware in due course.

Message 7 of 8
inspigr
Aspirant

Thank you CDL65!

It's good to know that NETGEAR working for a solution!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7