Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNR3500L v2 router not connecting to my laptop

carrie22
Aspirant

WNR3500L v2 router not connecting to my laptop

I have a NetGear WNR3500L v2 wireless router that I am able to connect wireless to the internet to my Laptop #1 and my iPad; however, it does not connect my 2nd laptop to the internet. I know it is not my laptop because I took it to my office and it connected immediately to my wireless Linksys router and I took it to my sister's house and it connected immediately to her Cisco router, so I know the problem is with the NetGear router itself. I have done extensive research about the setting within windows and have done what is recommended and still no connection. My laptop #2 finds my internet User name and I can enter the Key Code (which I've checked and rechecked that I am entering it correctly) and it never connects. Has anyone else had this problem as I am not a computer guru and am afraid to Hard Reset my router for fear that it won't connect at all after that. I would appreciate some Step-by-Step help from a someone who is a computer guru because I am not. My last resort is calling NetGear Tech Support but honestly I don't want to shell out any money unless it is my last resort. I've never had one problem with this router until now. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Use paragraph when posting...

My laptop #2 finds my internet User name

There is not username for connect wireless connection. Passphrase (ex. WPA, WPA2)

You have to know what encryption type you have set in the router GUI.
Message 2 of 4
carrie22
Aspirant

Yes, your right, I should have said my Network. It finds my network and tells me to connect but it never does. Like I said I am not as skilled as others with all this and I'm not sure what is meant by the acronym GUI. I have looked at my router's interface and find this:
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.10_2.1.17.1
LAN Port
SECURITY IS: WPA2-PSK {AES}

With this info, any ideas as to the problem?
Thanks
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you are using WPA2 and that is desirable yet not all WIFI device will not connect on single encryption types

You may need to use WPA , WPA+WPA2, WPA2 such options you find in the router settings.

Try the best combination that works.

Also always post exact model of laptop and/or WIFI card that is installed on laptop that has an issues
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7