Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how can your own website not know your own product exists

moridin6
Follower

how can your own website not know your own product exists

I typed my model number d2200d into your page to check for a firmware uggrade and according to your website it doesnt exist. Then it gets even better.  I typed it in for support and still nothing.  I will never buy any product from a company that doesn't know they even make it.

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: how can your own website not know your own product exists

Where did you purchase it. It appears it's made for Frontier and I'm guessing their is No support for it.

Message 2 of 4

Did you buy it? Or was it a "present" from your ISP?

Like searay says, Google suggests the latter.

Netgear d2200d - Google Search

In that case, Netgear makes this is box for an ISP to its specifications. You'll have to ask the ISP for support and new firmware.

If you want something that gives you support through the usual channels, then buy a modem that is compatible with your ISP.

@moridin6 wrote:

I will never buy any product from a company that doesn't know they even make it.

My guess is that Netgear knows that it makes it, but you are not supposed to. This is standard practice in the computer business. For example, Logitech has churned out millions of keyboards and mice for the likes of Dell, but Dell likes to pretend that it made the stuff. I'm surprised that Netgear would put its name on an ISP's box.

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@moridin6 wrote:

I will never buy any product from a company that doesn't know they even make it.

Try Belkin they should be right up your alley.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7