Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"apply" does not save settings

SAPaul
Aspirant

"apply" does not save settings

I have a dgnd4000 so this is the nearest forum to that model I could find. I have performed a factory reset to the unit and using genie set up my ISP parameters successfully. However if I use a wizard or manually change the wireless parameters then hit "apply" the changes do not take effect.

I have been running firmware 1.1.00.15 (in South Africa so non North America).

I tried a direct Ethernet connection still the same, also tried win7 & 8 machines.

Anyone have an idea for me??????

Message 1 of 5
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: "apply" does not save settings

Try to use a different browser.
Message 2 of 5
SAPaul
Aspirant

That certainly worked, many thanks for the suggestion. I used chrome rather than IE.

Maybe I should be launching another thread though, because there is an underlying reason I factory reset the unit in the first place.

I am continually (4-5 times a day) either or both having the WIFI signal drop or the LAN freeze. only cure is a power on/off of the router. I have been running on the same firmware for some time but the frequency of the problem has increased in the past month or so. Can't identify anything else which has changed. Will see if the factory reset effects the issue but any other suggestions gratefully received.
Message 3 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

2 things... 1-From reading these forums it appears to be a known problem that the settings for the firmware in these Netgear routers is questionable when using Internet Explorer. 2- Your specific problem sounds like you may be having an intermittent hardware failure causing wifi and LAN to fail. Hopefully your unit is still under warrantee and can be replaced.
Message 4 of 5
Fairytail
Virtuoso

You can contact support team to better assist you.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series