Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

win 7 says Netgear D6200 has no driver

doedau
Follower

win 7 says Netgear D6200 has no driver

Hi,

Although my D6200 appears to work ok, I get considerable latency on some websites.

Control panel device manager says the D6200 doesnt have a driver installed and troubleshooter doesnt find one on the web.

The netgear site has a firmware update but cant see a driver update or original.

Can anyone advise please?

Regards, Don.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: win 7 says Netgear D6200 has no driver

Hello doedau

There shouldnt be a driver needed to connect to the router you may want to go to your PC makers website and see if there is any updates for your network cards on that PC. 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
pauly
Aspirant

Re: win 7 says Netgear D6200 has no driver

I am finding the same thing. All of a sudden Win7 insists it wants a driver for my D6200. This is nonsense of course as a driver would be pointless. I have also had it try to load a driver for my ReadyNAS, also pointless, but that has not appeared again.

Why would a network card driver have anything to do with this issue??? It is more likely that a Windows update is the cause. Perhaps MS will correct the problem. If I were being cynical, I might suspect that MS were deliberately creating issues in an attempt to make me 'upgrade' to the awful big brother win10!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7