Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.4Ghz channel says incorrect password, 5Ghz channel works fine on new Modem/Router

squashface
Aspirant

2.4Ghz channel says incorrect password, 5Ghz channel works fine on new Modem/Router

Hi,

Today I purchased a D7000 Nighthawk AC1900 Modem Router and set it up. Upon trying to connect to the internet, it worked fine for wired ethernet connection but trying to connect to the normal 2.4Ghz channel it says the password is incorrect or it just wouldn't connect. However the 5Ghz channel works fine but this is an issue because not all my devices have the capability for 5Ghz.

Wondering if there is any information or fixes out there for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: 2.4Ghz channel says incorrect password, 5Ghz channel works fine on new Modem/Router

@squashface wrote:

Hi,

Today I purchased a D7000 Nighthawk AC1900 Modem Router and set it up. Upon trying to connect to the internet, it worked fine for wired ethernet connection but trying to connect to the normal 2.4Ghz channel it says the password is incorrect or it just wouldn't connect.

Which password is this? The one "out of the box"?

Message 2 of 3
squashface
Aspirant

@michaelkenwardwrote:

@squashfacewrote:

Hi,

Today I purchased a D7000 Nighthawk AC1900 Modem Router and set it up. Upon trying to connect to the internet, it worked fine for wired ethernet connection but trying to connect to the normal 2.4Ghz channel it says the password is incorrect or it just wouldn't connect.

Which password is this? The one "out of the box"?

Yeah the one it came with, works for 5G but not 2.4

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7