Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 76mb speeds on D7800

Amo7800
Aspirant

76mb speeds on D7800

Hi, I have upgraded to faster fibre (76mb), currently on 38mb, but I am not getting the higher speeds.

I called TalkTalk my service provider and they said its because I got a Netgear router so they are going to send me one of their Huawei routers.

Surely the Netgear should be able to cope?, I've been using it for years with Talk Talk on 38mb with no issues.

Please help.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Killhippie
Prodigy

If this has helped could you mark this as solved please, if you have any further questions just ask in the normal Nighthawk forums. Hope all goes well.

View solution in original post

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 8 of 8

All Replies
Killhippie
Prodigy

This is the wrong forum, this is for the XR500. Since you are hear yes it should, have you tried just rebooting it or maybe run the setup wizzard again after the reboot. Your router is perfectly able to run at the higher speed, as long as your line actually supports it. If it does not you wont go any faster just because you went to a faster package its how far from the cab you are that determines your sync rate. Go to the BT adsl checker and type in your phone number and see what speeds you can get for your line, it may be 38Mbps is all you can get. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

The D7800 does support VDSL2, VDSL, ADSL2+, ADSL2, and ADSL multimode

• Up to 100 Mbps, both upstream and downstream

• Supports Annex A, L, and M

• Supports all VDSL2 profiles: 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, and 17a

• VDSL2 interface compliance with ITU-T993.2

• G.992.1 (G.dmt), Annex A compliant • G.992.2 (G.lite), Annex A compliant

• ANSI T1.413 compliant

• G.992.3 (ADSL2) compliant, Annex A, L, and M

• G.992.5 (ADSL2+) compliant, supporting Annex A and M

• G.993.2 compliant, Annex A

• G.993.5 (Vectoring)

• ATM and PTM (dual-priority)

This should be compatible to your connection - permitting the distance to the fiber cabinet and the cable quality (provider and in-house installation) does allow the negotiation of faster speeds. 

Amazing ISP are promoting Internet connections based on a last mile copper pair run as xDSL as fiber.  

Message 3 of 8
Donth
Aspirant

Try rerunning the built in speed test under the qos screen. If that doesn't work, try turning qos off and reboot.
Message 4 of 8
Amo7800
Aspirant

speed is up since I rebooted with 30min break.

BTW - Is it best to have Qos on or off?, I got it off.

Message 5 of 8
Killhippie
Prodigy

How busy is your house? I would say unless you notice buffering when lots of people are online or you game and get lag leave it off.

Message 6 of 8
Amo7800
Aspirant

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Killhippie
Prodigy

If this has helped could you mark this as solved please, if you have any further questions just ask in the normal Nighthawk forums. Hope all goes well.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7