× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model # R6300v2: I have broadband thru att. new Netgear router won't work

cboyle
Follower

AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model # R6300v2: I have broadband thru att. new Netgear router won't work

I have broadband (landline/phone connected) internet thru att. The router that came with my subscription won't work right. Keeps loosing signal. Att won't replace unless I rent from them. Too expensive. They told me to go out and buy a new router. I did, obviously. I connected the router to my phone line, and my computer has a wireless signal. But no internet. It wants me to connect to the old modem via ethernet cable. I tried plugging ethernet into old ATT router/modem and new router. No internet. What do I do? Do I have to buy my own modem too? Please help asap!!!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model # R6300v2: I have broadband thru att. new Netgear router won't...

Hi @cboyle,

1. What is the model number of the AT&T device?

2. You can follow the installation guide linked below.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6300V2/R6300v2_IG_6pCover%20+%20Interior_19Aug2014.pdf

3. Your phone line (RJ11) will not fit directly to the R6300v2 ports since they are Ethernet (RJ45) ports.

4. Please make sure you are able to go online when connected straight to the AT&T modem.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model # R6300v2: I have broadband thru att. new Netgear router won't...

Hi @cboyle,

1. What is the model number of the AT&T device?

2. You can follow the installation guide linked below.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6300V2/R6300v2_IG_6pCover%20+%20Interior_19Aug2014.pdf

3. Your phone line (RJ11) will not fit directly to the R6300v2 ports since they are Ethernet (RJ45) ports.

4. Please make sure you are able to go online when connected straight to the AT&T modem.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @cboyle,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7