Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6400 losing connectivity to modem

skymonkey2000
Follower

AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6400 losing connectivity to modem

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

Router AC 1750

Router Firmware 1.0.1.6

I am not super tech saavy so my post will be generic at best.  I bought this netgear router and I continually lose connectivity to my isp (Bendbroadband).  The modem and router are bridged, so how I understand it is that the modem is just be used as a pass through for data to the router.  Every evening around 10-11:00 the internet begins to lose full connectivity, gets very glitchy and eventually the 'Internet' light turns orange on the router.  WE notice the latter pint when we wake up in the a.m.  Our a.m. routine is I actually have to disconnect the power and reconnect it to get the router reset.   I've had the cable company 'diagnose' the issue, sometimes while the issue is occuring, and they say the environment and data being pushed through is extremely clean.  They don't see any issues on their end.  Is there something I need to do in order to get this router to NOT become glitchy and eventually lose connectivity?  I have all the current firmware installed. 

Any help would be awesome

Message 1 of 2
VE6CGX
Master

Re: AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6400 losing connectivity to modem

Do you have any fancy configuratio with your router? Looks like your ISP gave you modem/router combo whose router is bridged to use your own NG router. Before you go to bed disconnect all device from router so router is only one connected to the modem. In the morning, did the router go down?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7