Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AT&T DSL Modem/Router 7550 needs replacement

Phred23
Follower

AT&T DSL Modem/Router 7550 needs replacement

Need new router/modem. Have: AT&T DSL, AT&T Netgear 7550 router/modem, iPhone/mac, Directv

Every piece of equipment I have looked at eventually excludes or does not support one of the above.

Message 1 of 4

Re: AT&T DSL Modem/Router 7550 needs replacement

@Phred23 wrote:

Need new router/modem. Have: AT&T DSL, AT&T Netgear 7550 router/modem...

I can't find anything with that model number in the Netgear system.

There is an R7500 router and C7500 cable modem. But the C7500 is no use on DSL.

The first place to ask about compatible modems is with your ISP.

...  iPhone/mac, Directv

Every piece of equipment I have looked at eventually excludes or does not support one of the above.

Which "above" is that?

We have no idea what you have looked at but any wifi router should support iPhone/mac

As to Directv, that's a service not equipment. So, again, anything and everything should support whatever you use with it. For example, Samsung's smart TVs sat they support Directv.

Message 2 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Can the AT&T provided modem/router be configured for "Transparent Bridge" mode? If so you can use any router behind it that supports PPPoE/oA to provide xDSL UID/Password authentication. Some, like the ASUS RT-AX86U also supports VLAN on the WAN connection (the connection from the router's WAN port to the ethernet port on the ISP device) if AT&T requires a VLAN.

Message 3 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Here's an article on how to set up the 7550 for use with your user provided router.

Configure Your Gateway to Work With a Router - DSL Internet Customer Support (att.com)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7