Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AT&T MicroCell interfering with internet service

jasonmartin13
Aspirant

AT&T MicroCell interfering with internet service

When my AT&T MicroCell is plugged in to my Netgear Nighthawk D7000, my cell phone signal is greatly enhanced but my internet signal is greatly impacted. I am continually disconnected, reconnected, disconnected, etc. This continues even after I disconnect the MicroCell. When I reset the D7000, internet returns to normal. AT&T claims the Microcell is plug and play, but this obviously isn't the case. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to configure the router so that MicroCell and internet work? I'm am far from proficient with this technology, so laymens terms would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: AT&T MicroCell interfering with internet service

Assuming this is a DSL connection? If not how is it connected?

What is your ISP UP and Download speeds?

How close is the Microcell to the router?

What internet connection fails? Phone or other devices?

Message 2 of 6
jasonmartin13
Aspirant

Yes, it is a DSL connection. 9.06 Mbps down, 0.68 Mbps up. MicroCell is about 15' away. All internet connection fails (wifi and hardwired). Router is NetGear Nighthawk D7000.

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm guessing your upload is barley enough, 256kbps is minimum requirement and equals .25mbps which is almost 50% of nothing (0.68Mbps) sharing the leftover bandwidth doesn't seem possible. In My Opinion.

Message 4 of 6
jasonmartin13
Aspirant

That doesn't explain the pattern that I'm seeing, though:

1. Internet working fine on it's own.

2. Hook up MicroCell, MicroCell works fine but internet doesn't work (consistent disconnect/reconnects)

3. Shut down MicroCell and disconnect it from router.

4. Pattern of Disconnects/Reconnects continues until I switch off/on router, then internet returns to normal.

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're Welcome!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements