Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding a WiFi security password following modem reset DGND3300v2

WilliamF51
Aspirant

Adding a WiFi security password following modem reset DGND3300v2

Could someone please tell me how ro add a password to my Netgear modem (protecting WiFi access). I had to reboot my modem and it was reset to factory settings. I have been able to reconnect to the internet, add a name, but I cant see where I can add a password to protect our WiFi sexcurity.

Model: DGND3300v2|RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Modem Router|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Re: Adding a WiFi security password following modem reset DGND3300v2

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

and feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Get the manual. See the sections "Wireless Settings" and "Change the Built-In Password".

I assume that you realise that this is an ancient device. Nothing wrong with that, especially if you have ADSL Internet, but not the fastest modem/router on the block.But there won't be much in the way of security updates for something that dates back to 2009.

Message 2 of 4
WilliamF51
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.

I only reset the modem because my internet had been dropping out a bit lately and I read somewhere that resetting/rebooting the modem might help. Unfortunately, it didnt say the modem would feset itself back to factory settings. Anyway, long story short, I figured out what to do, even though it took me half a day. As for it being old, I have to go on to the NBN shortly and I guess I will need a new modem then. I have never had any problems with the modem (even the droppping out problem may not be the modem's fault) and I am only a light data user.

Anyway, thanks for responding.

Cheers!

William F.

Message 3 of 4

@WilliamF51 wrote:

I read somewhere that resetting/rebooting the modem might help. Unfortunately, it didnt say the modem would feset itself back to factory settings.

I don't know where you read that, but the whole point of the reset is that, by definition, it restores the factory settings.

You can always put the wifi settings back to what they were. Then your devices won't get confused.

@WilliamF51 wrote:

I have to go on to the NBN shortly and I guess I will need a new modem then.

Good luck on that front. There are plenty of stories around here of people who had problems with NBN. The trouble is that there really is no such thing as "NBN". It just means "Australian Internet". ISPs can deliver it using various technologies, but probably not the ADSL of your current modem.

Another complicating factor is the some ISPs are not very clear i  their advice and instructions. Netgear also doesn't help with its advice.

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Start by checking for your type of NBN.

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem. Sometimes it is just the NBN box that your ISP installed.

Here's a good place to start looking for local expertise:

“NBN” - Whirlpool Forums

Good luck, you may need it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7