Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Android devices not loading some websites or apps d7800

CrAzYLiFe
Tutor

Android devices not loading some websites or apps d7800

Hey guys, Ive just purchased a new d7800 x4s nighthawk modem router,

I'm certain I set it all up correctly however im having issues with my galaxy tab s and galaxy s6 edge,
When I connect these devices to the wifi, certain websites fail to load like www.netflix.com and the app refuses to load also and a few others.

How ever google and play store work, Everything works fine on mobile data. but when i try to load netflix.com on wifi i'll get a error like 

No data received

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

or time out

I've gone through most setting on the router and can't seem to find any settings that would cause this, I've even added the tablet to dmz in case its some port forwarding issue and still no good, maybe being a new model it's a firmware thing 😕 any idea's or something I might be over looking?

Message 1 of 7
CrAzYLiFe
Tutor

Re: Android devices not loading some websites or apps d7800

Thought I might add all websites work flawlessly on ethernet connected computer

Message 2 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Crazylife

Try to forget the network on the phone and tablet and then try connecting to the 2.4 ghz band if you were on the 5ghz before or the opposite and see if that make a difference you may also want to do a reboot of your modem and router as well. Let me know if you have tried that or it has any effect.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 7
MajahB
Aspirant

Same Nighthawk, same problem.... it's driving me mad....

I've tried every setting on the Samsung Smart TV and every setting on the Nighthawk that I can find and no answers.... I hope someone can give us some further info?

Message 4 of 7
CrAzYLiFe
Tutor

sorry for not getting back guys, the problem was fixed through trial and error changing the mtu, weird how it only effected my android devices, routers been running very smooth quite pleased with!
Message 5 of 7
ebswift
Initiate

I was kind of stumped about this too, this is a high performance router and my phone and my wife's would stall on nearly every web request.  Resetting the phone seemed to make it work at least for a bit, but that was a drag.  Super smooth on PC's.

Anyway, thanks for the MTU tip, I changed to 1492 on the router and back to silky smooth internet on the phone.  I doubt I would ever have discovered that without checking this thread.

Message 6 of 7
ebswift
Initiate

This MTU change also fixed the QoS speed test, that speed test didn't ever work up until I made that change.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7