Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Annex M Issue - DGND3700

steveyg_uk1
Aspirant

Annex M Issue - DGND3700

Problem:- Upload speed only 1.2 meg.

ISP = BE THERE. Annex M maximum 2.5 meg upload. ISP confirms my previous router DGND3300 used to connect at 2.4 meg. This new router DGND3700 ONLY connects at 1.2, thus a problem with the router.

BACKGROUND:- I have ensured the ADSL settings are as follows;-

Multiplexing Method LLC-BASED VC-BASED
VPI 0
VCI 101
DSL Mode Auto & Tried ADSL2+
Transfer Mode ATM.

So Q1 - does the router support ANNEX M? I see in alot of support forums and review websites it does, but I can''t seem to get enabled on the Annex M.

Q2 - how can we get this resolved please?
Message 1 of 8
ianarb
Novice

Had a similar thing...strated at just over 2Mb up then dropped to 1Mb. kinda forgotten that Id updated the firmware, so I downgraded and it went back to 2Mb up. Hope that helps?
Message 2 of 8
davidrapson
Aspirant

Our old modem had a tick box for annex M but the the DGND3700 just did it automatically. I needed to change the profile at the ISP end to annex M and got a 50% increase in upload speed from 1200kb/s to 1800kb/s as reported by the ISP. Download went down a bit as expected to 18500kb/s (1.8MB/s) was 1.95MB/s. Also, I found manually setting PPPoE and PPPoA are reversed in the pull down box! Hope that helps.
Message 3 of 8
davidrapson
Aspirant

Forgot to mention the firmware needs to be revision .12. Revision .17 doesn't seem to support annex M.
Message 4 of 8
flamingbadger
Aspirant

Looks like a bug in the new firmware. I'm with Be* on their Be Pro package.

With firmware 1.0.0.12, upload syncs at 2.5Mbps. I upgraded to 1.0.0.17 to get a resolution to the FTP issue and got an upload sync of 1.25Mbps.

Downgraded back to 1.0.0.12 and it's back at 2.5Mbps.
Message 5 of 8
jeremysup
Aspirant

I want to shout the same problem.
Using 1.1.17 fw my upload is 1,2Mb out of 2Mb.
With Zyxcel 600 it was 2.1Mb so no cable etc problems. :mad:
Message 6 of 8
jeremysup
Aspirant

jeremysup wrote:
I want to shout the same problem.
Using 1.1.17 fw my upload is 1,2Mb out of 2Mb.
With Zyxcel 600 it was 2.1Mb so no cable etc problems. :mad:

Talked to My ISP:
They have AnnexM automatically on, and they prefer LLC muxing..
So, why in the name of god My NetGear removes this AnnexM support?
My ISP also will utililaze VDSL (10/10 e.g) soon, so do I need to buy new modem?:confused::mad:
Message 7 of 8
flamingbadger
Aspirant

jeremysup wrote:
Talked to My ISP:
They have AnnexM automatically on, and they prefer LLC muxing..
So, why in the name of god My NetGear removes this AnnexM support?
My ISP also will utililaze VDSL (10/10 e.g) soon, so do I need to buy new modem?:confused::mad:

Downgrade your router to 1.0.0.12 if you need a fix to the AnnexM problem while NETGEAR sort out the bugged firmware. I have a support ticket open the response I got was that they are working to duplicate the problem in their labs.

With regards to your second question, it looks like the DGND3700 doesn't support VDSL. You'll probably need to use some sort of VDSL modem and then patch this into your DGDN3700's Gigabit WAN port.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7