Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attached devices no longer reporting real time bandwidth

Rich4
Aspirant

Attached devices no longer reporting real time bandwidth

D7800. I've noticed at some point I have lost the real time reporting of specific device used bandwidth (under attached devices) and on the Genie app I have also lost the "statistics". I have had this feature work but since then I've added parental control, VPN etc. Obviously a reboot does not work. The unit is running the latest V1.0.0.46 firmware. With a houshold of internet hungry kids and a limited ADSL connection it was a feature I used very often . Does anyone know what could have killed it and more importantly how I get it back.

Cheers

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Rich4
Aspirant

Re: Attached devices no longer reporting real time bandwidth

I did try Genie on a number of devices but without success. I ended up contacting Netgear online Chat and they suggested a firmware reinstall, reset, reconfigure. Luckily I've learnt from previous routers (not netgear) to backup at a number of significant points during reconfiguration so I went back to my isp, reserved IP and port forwarding configured (No QOS etc). backup. All worked fine when I added qos and named my attached devices in Genie, again all still works. I've stopped playing with the configuration now as the system is stable and meets my needs. I've left out the USB server because at a max transfer of 20Mbit/s it was a waste of time.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Rich4

Have you tried to use the genie app on a different device? or have you tried to reinstall genie.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Rich4
Aspirant

I did try Genie on a number of devices but without success. I ended up contacting Netgear online Chat and they suggested a firmware reinstall, reset, reconfigure. Luckily I've learnt from previous routers (not netgear) to backup at a number of significant points during reconfiguration so I went back to my isp, reserved IP and port forwarding configured (No QOS etc). backup. All worked fine when I added qos and named my attached devices in Genie, again all still works. I've stopped playing with the configuration now as the system is stable and meets my needs. I've left out the USB server because at a max transfer of 20Mbit/s it was a waste of time.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7