Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Auto reconnect

vnandi78
Aspirant

Auto reconnect

Is there an option to auto-reconnect when ADSL connection drops? My DM200 loses connection every 2-4hrs and is requiring a manual reboot as it doesnt automatically recover from the connection drop. I am currently using TPG Australia as my ISP. Connection type: ADSL 2+

Model: DM200|Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
vnandi78
Aspirant

Thanks Michael for your response. Yes, Always On is already enabled at the time of encountering these issues. 

However, I just discovered a setting from TPG, according to it, the username should be xxx@PPP.tpg.com.au for dynamic ip assignment. After changing the username from plain xxx to xxx@PPP.tpg.com.au, the connection is ok now for about 30 hours and continuing.....

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

@vnandi78 wrote:

Is there an option to auto-reconnect when ADSL connection drops?

Yes.

Look for "Always On" for the Connection Mode on the Internet Setup page, which is where you feed in the login details for your ISP.

You might want to investigate why it drops the connection. Do you have a router in there? Is the DM200 in modem only (bridged) mode?

Message 2 of 4
vnandi78
Aspirant

Thanks Michael for your response. Yes, Always On is already enabled at the time of encountering these issues. 

However, I just discovered a setting from TPG, according to it, the username should be xxx@PPP.tpg.com.au for dynamic ip assignment. After changing the username from plain xxx to xxx@PPP.tpg.com.au, the connection is ok now for about 30 hours and continuing.....

Message 3 of 4

Sounds good.

Internet service providers love to make out lives difficult.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7