Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BT Internet D7800 still disconnecting V1.0.1.28

twisted89
Aspirant

BT Internet D7800 still disconnecting V1.0.1.28

@NETGEAR_Team Still getting daily disconnects using BT internet on the latest firmware

Filtered log below  - please fix this, it's making this router essentially useless. 

[Internet disconnected] Thursday, November 30, 2017 13:28:28
[Internet disconnected] Thursday, November 30, 2017 10:02:06
[Internet disconnected] Wednesday, November 29, 2017 20:38:31
[Internet disconnected] Wednesday, November 29, 2017 20:34:47
[Initialized, firmware version: V1.0.1.28] Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:27:43
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 9

Did you factory reset after applying the new firmware?

Have you tried raising this on the BT Forum?

Home - BTCare Community Forums

I suspect that there are more people there with experience of the D7800 on BT.

Message 2 of 9
twisted89
Aspirant

This is quite obviously a firmware issue as openly stated by the community manager here
https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/BT-Openreach-customers-using-D7800-Modems/td-p/1...

I don't see how raising this on the BT forums would solve anything when BT can't patch broken firmware.
Message 3 of 9

Forgive me. My memory does not include every message that has appeared on this forum.

Out of interest, why did you start a new discussion if you were following up on a continuing saga? The least you could have done was to include a link to that discussion.

Oh, and raising this on the BT forum could have put pressure on BT and Netgear, who both seem to be involved in this issue.

Message 4 of 9
twisted89
Aspirant

It's a locked, pinned thread that you had to scroll past to get to this one... Bit hard to not start a new thread when I can't post in the old one.

BT is only involved because Netgear is having issues, posting on BT's forum isn't going to get them to chase up a router company to fix their own product.

EDIT:

On a more positive note I have reverted back to V1.0.1.22 and so far (fingers crossed) no disconnects in past 24 hours. 

This also reiterrates the fact it's very likely due to some change in the past 2 firmware releases. I consider this a temporary fix as I'm now missing important security patches. Netgear, please resolve this I would very much like a STABLE updated firmware. 

Message 5 of 9

@twisted89 wrote:

Bit hard to not start a new thread when I can't post in the old one.

But very easy to post a link to the old thread when you start a new one.

Message 6 of 9
twisted89
Aspirant

Thought the problem was resolved with downgrading to .22 but it's just disconnected again. Seriously Netgear, what does someone have to do to get you off your lazy arses and fix something? Charging customers for proper support of your own product? Talk about blatent money grabbing - release broken products and force customers to pay for help, you're a disgrace. 

Message 7 of 9
twisted89
Aspirant

Ordered a new ASUS - DSL-AC88U to replace this piece of **bleep** you call a modem/router. If anyone wants to buy a super cheap paperweight let me know, it even comes with fancy antennas. 

Message 8 of 9
twisted89
Aspirant

Not sure I'd call replacing expensive hardware at my own cost problem solved....

Honestly I hope people vote with their wallets and we can watch this company vanish from existence, anti-consumer money grabbing schemes like they're running here are a stain on the industry. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7