Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bad wifi and internet connection constantly drops out speed slow D7000v2

dkeski
Aspirant

Bad wifi and internet connection constantly drops out speed slow D7000v2

Hi 

need help with d7000v2 as getting drop outs on regular basis and wifi when internet is good is very bad.  I have NBN and on a good day get around 45mbps but drops down to 3mbps.  I thought it could be Optus but they said its all good up to modem.  I have installed latest firmware V1.0.0.53

Not sure if i have it set up right as also paying for a speed pack up to 80mbps but never get there

Need help

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: Bad wifi and internet connection constantly drops out speed slow D7000v2

Do you have an ISP provided modem? If so, do you get the speed you're paying for when you use the ISP's provided device? If the answer to these questions is YES then there may be a problem with the Netgear device that needs further investigation. If the answer to question 2 is NO then you probably need to have the ISP work on you line. The other possibility if the answer to question 2 is NO could be the wiring in your house. Typically an ISP has a point of demarcation where they connect to your premise wiring.

Message 2 of 4
dkeski
Aspirant

No i dont have the provided modem so i cannot check.

As for the line i have used the new line that came with the modem and for the house the ISP had someone check onsite.

Is there another way to check. 

Message 3 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Without some comparison testing I don't know of anything else you can do to test. 

If you connect to the router via ethernet what speed do you get? Could it just be a wifi interference problem?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7