Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Broadband connection dropping out

up4alark
Aspirant

Broadband connection dropping out

Now and again my router has started to drop a connection.  When I check my telephone connection it comes up with the dialing tone as normal.  I have fibre most of the way and normally exceed 35 mbps.  I have tried turning off the router pausing and switching back on but this does not always work.  Any ideas?

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Broadband connection dropping out

Hello up4alark

Are you able to check the logs on the modem when these drops happen?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
up4alark
Aspirant

Thanks Darren.

No, I have not yet found my way into that dark room.  Since my understanding of techie jargon is nil, I will see if I can discover the log and if I can, I assume I should send you a copy thereof for interpretation. 

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 3 of 4
up4alark
Aspirant

Could not find a way to highlight/copy the details to you so resorted to the folowing:-

In Event Viewer there are listed in the section titled "Summary of Admin Events" in the order of   last hour/24 hours/7days,

Critical  0/0/0;  Error  0/4/21;  Warning  0/16/29; Information  12/316/2908;  Audit Success  71/946/5974.

There are no entries under Event ID; Source or Log.

At the bottom there is a long list titled "Log Summary" detailing    Size;  Modified; Enabled; Retention Policy.    The vast majority are "Enabled" and all have "Overwrite events as nece.." alongside.

Hope this helps !   Best Mac.

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7