Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bufferbloat fix?

ferrvittorio
Aspirant

Bufferbloat fix?

Hi, My D6400 is getting bad scores on dnsreports bufferbloat test.

Any solutions? Is Netgear going to release a fix?

Thnaks

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bufferbloat fix?

@ferrvittorio wrote:
I see there are no custom firmwares for D6400, next modem will be openwrt probably

Customisers seem to spend their time working on routers rather than modem/routers.

One school of thought is that you should have two separate devices, a modem and a router.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11

All Replies

@ferrvittorio wrote:

Hi, My D6400 is getting bad scores on dnsreports bufferbloat test.

What does that mean?

Do "dnsreports bufferbloat tests" tell us anything important?

Are you having problems with your D6400?

Message 2 of 11
ferrvittorio
Aspirant

Actually yes. It might be a ISP mis configuration, but literature also check to solve it at firmware level.

So, my router started suddenly to have annoying bufferbloat, is it going to be taken care with some update?

Thanks

Message 3 of 11

@ferrvittorio wrote:

So, my router started suddenly to have annoying bufferbloat, is it going to be taken care with some update?

Do you have the latest firmware? V1.0.0.60_1.0.60 The one released a month or so back.

What symptoms do you see with the D6400?

Signs of things going wrong are more easy to address than mysterious reports in log files. And Netgear won't fix things if there are no reports of issues with the current firmware.

These links might help:

bufferbloat - is there a fix? - NETGEAR Communities

Solved: Bufferbloat Fix? (R7000) - NETGEAR Communities

Then there is the search feature:

Search results

Message 4 of 11
ferrvittorio
Aspirant

Hi,

Yes I have latest firmware. I use internet not for gaming, just for internet, netflix and android google related services.

I noticed from this month (august) or so lag has started getting spikes, randomly throughout the day, causing connection to be unusable.

I started barking at ISP, in fact tecnician will is scheduled today

Then investigating I stumbled upon "bufferbloat"

Some times during bufferbloat events D6400 becomes unreachable (unresponsive? clogged?) even from within the very home net (if I try to log as 192.168.0.1, I went through logs and I can safely exclude attacks whatsoever)

I see there are no custom firmwares for D6400, next modem will be openwrt probably

Thank you very much for your replies

Vittorio

Message 5 of 11

@ferrvittorio wrote:

Customisers seem to spend their time working on routers rather than modem/routers.

One school of thought is that you should have two separate devices, a modem and a router.

Message 6 of 11
ferrvittorio
Aspirant

Why is that? Can you please elaborate?

------------

Edit: nevermind 🙂 !

Message 7 of 11
8a
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi to all,

I'have return D7000 high bufferbloat,i buy D6400 is have 300 mbps wifi slow very little important respect d7000,is fix or not latest v.firmware .60 ? test dsl plese test dsl:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Message 8 of 11
8a
Aspirant
Aspirant

D7000 qualy F bufferbloat dsl report:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/22774114

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit,D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 9 of 11
8a
Aspirant
Aspirant

Plese report qualy A/C/F ,F high bufferbloat very bad,D6400 qualy e latency.

Thanks a lot.

Message 10 of 11

I have no idea what you are on about. You have just joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you want help with a problem – if you have one – you should start your own discussion. In this was you can also provide your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7