Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2

pattipooh
Aspirant

C7000v2

Can someone please help me I had Comcast come out to check my modem and they said everything is fine with my lines. My computer and my phones all show that I’m connected to the Wi-Fi but yet it cannot connect to Internet??? What could be the problem. Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: C7000v2

it could be many things. Without more details its hard to help.

1. Were you able to activate the modem to your service?

2. Is comcast able to see the C7000 and partition it?

3. if you pull up you connections page, what does it show? a screen snip helps

4. Can you screen snip your logs?

5. Do you have any amplifiers, splitters, 90 degree elbows, or bad cables in the line? If so, remove them.

6. Do devices that are connected hardwired work?

Just because comcast says they checked your lines, doesn't mean they did a decent job. I've had it be the 3rd visit before a competent tech came out and found issues. 

Message 2 of 4
pattipooh
Aspirant

Thanks I’ll look into this more. Yes to questions 1 and 2. Questions 3 and 4 have to see not sure. Question 5 Comcast supposedly fixed those issues. Question number six yes even my sons computer that is hardwired to the modem router isn’t working.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

guess we'll have to wait a bit for the connectins and logs.

Even though the comcast tech checked/moved those splitters, its worth directly connect the modem right where the line comes into the house and seeing if it works. Sometimes intermittent problems arise (when techs not there) due to extended runs, bad cables, moisture in the line. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7