Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7100v Wifi connected without internet

rmn1906
Follower

C7100v Wifi connected without internet

My C7100v will not connect to Xfinity internet.  The wifi devices show "connected without internet".  How do I resolve this issue?

Message 1 of 4

Re: C7100v Wifi connected without internet

@rmn1906 wrote:

My C7100v will not connect to Xfinity internet.  The wifi devices show "connected without internet". 

Are you sure? That message does not always mean what it says. The devil in the details. We need more of those from you.

What do the LEDs on the modem/router look like? Especially the Internet LED.

What says "connected without internet"? In other words, where do you see this message. On a device (mobile phone?) that you are trying to connect? A Netgear app on a mobile device? A PC you are connecting to the wifi?

Do wired (Ethernet) connections work?

Message 2 of 4

@rmn1906 wrote:

My C7100v will not connect to Xfinity internet.  The wifi devices show "connected without internet".  How do I resolve this issue?

Just a thought. the C7100v is a cable modem/router. You posted in the section for DSL modem/routers. What sort of Internet do you have? DSL or cable?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page (shows upstream/downstream connection info) and your event logs? 

Those help check your connection. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7