Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't Access Admin Page

PWD
Tutor
Tutor

Can't Access Admin Page

HI all,

I have recently bought a DGN2200 to replace an old N150 which has been having some intermitant faults. From the very begining I haven't been able to access the admin page when connecting the DGN2200 with an ethernet cable to my PC. The page simply comes up with "This page cannot be displayed". 

I have tried acessing the router via:

routerlogin.com

routerlogin.net

I then tried to access the router wirelessly with my iPad and could get to the Netgear Genie page. I could see my PC listed in the Attached devices wit the IP of 192.168.0.2, and when I went to the command prompt and typed in ipconfig, I got the same IP address. So the router is recognising that the PC is connected to it.

The PC is running Windows 10 and I have tried Chrome, Firefox and IE with no luck. I have tried turning off my Kaspersky internet secutiry and I still can't get access to he admin from my PC. 

Can anyoune help me solve this poroblem?

Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
PWD
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

I would like to thank everyone for their replies and advice.

I am happy to say that uninstalling Kaspersky and I have been able to get to the Netgear Genie and install all settings. I have reinstalled Kaspersky and I can still get to the admin area and everything seems to be ok.

As for the discussion about compatablity and support, it is very frustrating when you buy an item and it doesn't work well with other software of hardware you have. I have a number of Netgear devices (3 routers now and a ReadyNAS) and have had some difficulty setting them up for one reason or another. I have had to spen hours configuring a Logitech mouse to work properly with Windows, and Kaspersky has blocked a few programs from tiem to time which needs to be manually adressed. Even trying to get Android and Apple products to work well with each other is a hssle. In short, everything is difficult in one way or another to get difference products from different companies to work well with each other. I don't think anything will ever be truly easy unless 1 mega company is formed that supplies all hardware and software that is tested against all other products. As much as I hate it when something isn't as simple as advertised, realistically I know that these companies cannot deliver a product at afordable prices with the amount of development and testing that would be required to make sure it is compatible with absolutely everything on the market. Netgear itself has dozens of defferent types of routers and I don't think we can expect Kaspersky (or any other sofrware company) to text against them all, as well as the thousands of other companies and models out there.

I love Netgear products, they are always reliable and their funcitonallity is excellent. I would like them to take up the 1 Mega company idea and suply me with absolutely everything I need!

Once again thank you for you help and support.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 17

All Replies

Have you tried the standalone Windows genie?

NETGEAR Genie App (Windows)

This can find devices that hide from the browser genie.

Message 2 of 17
Retired_Member
Not applicable

uninstall Kaspersky

Message 3 of 17

The questioner said:

I have tried turning off my Kaspersky internet secutiry and I still can't get access to he admin from my PC.

Isn't that good enough? Or do they really have to uninstall?

I got rid of Kaspersky the day I installed it. (My bank offers it free.) Too much hassle for an alleged security tool.

Message 4 of 17
TheEther
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

The questioner said:

I have tried turning off my Kaspersky internet secutiry and I still can't get access to he admin from my PC.

Isn't that good enough? Or do they really have to uninstall?

Yes, many people have found it necessary to completely uninstall it.  Apparently, turning it off doesn't disable all of the components.

Also interesting is that reinstalling it is ok.

Message 5 of 17

Good grief. This way madness lies.

Message 6 of 17
TheEther
Guru

Yeah, go figure.  I don't understand why Kaspersky doesn't fix this.  It seems to affect countless people.

Message 7 of 17
Retired_Member
Not applicable

People keep buying it so why should they address it.

Message 8 of 17
TheEther
Guru

They should address it if it increases their support load.  More support resources equal more expenses and less profit.  Of course, they could choose to not to increase resources, which could result in worse customer satisfaction and ultimately lower profits.  But I guess that was your point: people keep buying it.  But who knows if more people would be buying it if were not for problems like this one?  No one, except Kaspersky.

Message 9 of 17

As my experience shows, not everyone buys Kaspersky's software. Mine came free from the bank as a way of protecting myself against nasties.

Then there are all those people who have the software inflicted on them by their employer.

These "mass purchasers" should have more weight than individuals. After all, errors are likely to rebound on them and add to their support load.

Then there is the Netgear connection. It too has to put support effort into fixing problems that arise from Kaspersky's crummy software.

Let's hope that these third parties make their voices heard.

Message 10 of 17
PWD
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

I would like to thank everyone for their replies and advice.

I am happy to say that uninstalling Kaspersky and I have been able to get to the Netgear Genie and install all settings. I have reinstalled Kaspersky and I can still get to the admin area and everything seems to be ok.

As for the discussion about compatablity and support, it is very frustrating when you buy an item and it doesn't work well with other software of hardware you have. I have a number of Netgear devices (3 routers now and a ReadyNAS) and have had some difficulty setting them up for one reason or another. I have had to spen hours configuring a Logitech mouse to work properly with Windows, and Kaspersky has blocked a few programs from tiem to time which needs to be manually adressed. Even trying to get Android and Apple products to work well with each other is a hssle. In short, everything is difficult in one way or another to get difference products from different companies to work well with each other. I don't think anything will ever be truly easy unless 1 mega company is formed that supplies all hardware and software that is tested against all other products. As much as I hate it when something isn't as simple as advertised, realistically I know that these companies cannot deliver a product at afordable prices with the amount of development and testing that would be required to make sure it is compatible with absolutely everything on the market. Netgear itself has dozens of defferent types of routers and I don't think we can expect Kaspersky (or any other sofrware company) to text against them all, as well as the thousands of other companies and models out there.

I love Netgear products, they are always reliable and their funcitonallity is excellent. I would like them to take up the 1 Mega company idea and suply me with absolutely everything I need!

Once again thank you for you help and support.

Message 11 of 17

@PWD wrote:

Thanks for confirming that searay and TheEther are spot on in their analysis of the Kaspersky issue..

Your feedback piles on the evidence and should help others who turn up here with the same issue. Let us hope that they find these messages.

On the mega company, that may not help when you realise that different bits of Microsoft can't always get their act together. I also have direct experience of different PDF products from Nuance fighting internal wars.

Message 12 of 17
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The form should mandate that a subject search was tried before allowing a new thread. 99% of the common complaints have been resolved numerous times.

Message 13 of 17

Unfortunately, even if people try to search for earlier messages, they may fail to create the right search.

But I know what you mean. In the past week, three different people have started discussions asking about passwords for the PLW1000. It should not have been that difficult for them to find those.

One way to deal with these questions is to point people at existing discussions. That builds up an internal network of links and may make the person who repeated the question a bit of a twit.

Message 14 of 17
TheEther
Guru

What the forum needs are sticky FAQs with links to common topics, tips for posting questions with the right information (e.g. model, firmware, topology, devices, etc.), forum rules and organization.
Message 15 of 17

Oh so true, but how many people bother to fill in the information that the forum does ask for?

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

I try to maintain clips of persistent issues and links. Then I can easily dredge them out when I see a familiar question.

Message 16 of 17
PWD
Tutor
Tutor

I can understand your frustration with having to answer single question multiple times. When tryiing to fix my issue, I did a Google search originally and then did a search on this forum. I found a lot of pages that were slightly relevant, but nothing that matched what I was after. I did find to turn off your internet secutiry which I tried. 

I apreciate the comunities efferts in not oly helping me, but it supporting everyone with issues and questions. 

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7