Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t access D6200 router after firmware update

Sunshine_10
Aspirant

Can’t access D6200 router after firmware update

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out with my modem.

Last week our home was upgraded to the NBN. We opted to put the new connection in the lounge room while leaving our computer in the study and using a wi fi extender/adapter to get internet access to our computer.

Everything was working fine for a week when suddenly we stopped getting internet access. I checked the modem and the internet light on it was red so I went about trying to solve it by unplugging and replugging all leads and turning everything off and on again. Nothing worked to I logged into the modem via my phone (wi if was still working at this stage) and tried to reconfigure the WAN settings via the wizard.

when it came to working out the connection type it came back with a message saying the dls cable was not detected and needed to be plugged in. So I went about trying other cables we had in case the one we was faulty. None of the other ones worked.

Did a google search and found that some other people had this problem and solved it by doing a firmware upgrade. So I downloaded the latest firmware for the D6200 and uploaded it. A message popped up saying your internet connection will be lost but I figured we didn't have any anyway so went ahead. Then when it was finished I lost the connection to the modem and can't access it. Any kind of connection to the modem has been lost. I have since found a netgear firmware instruction guide saying you shouldn't do firmware upgrades via wifi which is what I had done.

I have also tried plugging the modem directly into my computer via Ethernet and it doesn't register at all even with trying various cables. The power light turns green and the internet light remains red. Wi fi is also blue.

I have no internet access in our study where the computer is plugged in and I have also reset the modem a couple times.

So question is, what can do from here?

Model: D6200|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Can’t access D6200 router after firmware update

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7