Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't connect to Internet with D7000v2, but 'net is working.

homerbronco
Aspirant

Can't connect to Internet with D7000v2, but 'net is working.

Hi, and thanks in advance. I am in the UK and have BT Infinity (superfast fibre plus) and have been connecting via a BT hub 5. I have always had doubts about BT Hw so today purchased a D7000v2 Nighthawk based on reviews and having had a D6000 previously. I have connected at least 3 times today and on each occasion cannot connect to the internet. At the time the light is amber then white, but then amber again. In the genie, it says no internet and then goes through the repair process and reports 'net good, but then immediately drops back out again. I have reverted to the BT hub 3 times in between and connect every time. I have tried to bypass the cables by plugging directly into the new microfilter via the boxed cables, but still nothing. I have to assume the connection is good as well as the BT hub as I am posting this via that combo, but I cannot understand why the 'net will not connect when the D7000 is hooked up, any bright ideas please or am I just being dumb 🙂 also I understand I have 90 chat support but cannot find any link, I registered the D7000 but go around in circles trying to access any "live" assistance.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
homerbronco
Aspirant

This case is now closed great service from the helpdesk:

Message 2 of 4
antinode
Guru

> This case is now closed great service from the helpdesk:

Some future reader might benefit from an actual explanation of the
problem and its solution.

Message 3 of 4
homerbronco
Aspirant

The simple answer is a reset, but that was in conjunction with the Netgear support desk, who contacted me despite my screwing up the registration [wrong e-mail-long day] so from a tech POV there's not much to add other than a good support job by Netgear. Underlying reason unknown.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7