Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to internet with D7000v2

AwkwardPengu1n
Aspirant

Can't connect to internet with D7000v2

Hi all,

Hope this is in the write place. I have just got a Nighthawk and I have managed to connect to it with my phone. All lights are white apart from the internet light that is amber.

After I input my ISP username and password and click apply a loading bar pops up and it gets to connect.

The amber internet light goes white and all looks good.

About half way through the loading bar my phone disconnects from the Nighthawk (goes to 4G) and the internet light on the router goes back amber.

After the loading bar has finished my phone auto connects back to the Nighthawk but the internet is still amber.

Need help please 🙂
Model: R6900v2|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: Can't connect to internet with D7000v2

@AwkwardPengu1n wrote:

Hope this is in the write place. I have just got a Nighthawk and I have managed to connect to it with my phone.

What does that mean?

You are using an app on the phone to set up the modem/router?

You have connected it to the phone line?

You want to use the phone to connect to the internet?

Message 2 of 5
AwkwardPengu1n
Aspirant

Hi.

I have connected to the router using the web address that was in the manual. This has allowed me to view the status of the router.

On the web site/router settings all is green apart from the internet access.

Clicking on the red internet access it takes me to a page that allows me to input my details in order to access my internet.

After putting in the address and password it starts to load and the led on the router starts to flash. Then the led stays white and all looks good. About 3/4 of the way through the process the phone disconnects from the WiFi (shows 4G) and then the led on the router goes back to amber and I have to start over.

Many thanks.
Message 3 of 5

You haven't really answered most of my questions – you just repeated much of your first message – but let's persevere.

@AwkwardPengu1n wrote:

I have connected to the router using the web address that was in the manual. This has allowed me to view the status of the router.

To clarify things, that isn't a website as most people know it, something out on the internet. It is a way of getting into the local settings on the modem router.

@AwkwardPengu1n wrote:
Clicking on the red internet access it takes me to a page that allows me to input my details in order to access my internet.

After putting in the address and password it starts to load and the led on the router starts to flash. Then the led stays white and all looks good.

This sounds like your modem/router has connected successfully to the internet.

Now we get to the hard bit.

@AwkwardPengu1n wrote:
About 3/4 of the way through the process the phone disconnects from the WiFi (shows 4G) and then the led on the router goes back to amber and I have to start over.

This suggests that you are setting up the modem/router using an app on a mobile phone. If so, which one? Apple iThing? Android?

One more question, what does this mean?

@AwkwardPengu1n wrote:
the phone disconnects from the WiFi (shows 4G)

What shows 4G?

Wifi from your modem/router has nothing to do with 4G. The D7000v2 broadcasts wifi at 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz. Nothing to do with 4G, which is a mobile phone thing.

There is support stuff for the D7000v2, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

If it is possible, you would do better to set up your modem/router with a wired connection to a PC rather than a mobile phone.

If you factory reset the modem/router, the setup wizard should kick in and guide you through the setup process.

Message 4 of 5
AwkwardPengu1n
Aspirant

Hi @michaelkenward

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry about the not so good lay out. There are several points and I don’t use forums much and don’t know how to make several quotes, it kept just quoting all the text lol.

@AwkwardPengu1n wrote:

To clarify things, that isn't a website as most people know it, something out on the internet. It is a way of getting into the local              settings on the modem router.

• I know it’s not a web site on the internet and is just another way of connecting to the router instead of inputting a IP address. I only said “using the web address” as a way of showing how I have connected to the router, no apps, just the chrome browser.

@AwkwardPengu1n wrote:

After putting in the address and password it starts to load and the led on the router starts to flash. Then the led stays white and all looks good. 

This sounds like your modem/router has connected successfully to the internet.

•  I does seem to connect, but then drops out.

@AwkwardPengu1n wrote:
About 3/4 of the way through the process the phone disconnects from the WiFi (shows 4G) and then the led on the router goes back to amber and I have to start over.

This suggests that you are setting up the modem/router using an app on a mobile phone. If so, which one? Apple iThing? Android

• It’s a Android, but again, no apps. Just the web browser on the phone.

One more question, what does this mean?

@AwkwardPengu1n wrote:
the phone disconnects from the WiFi (shows 4G) 

What shows 4G?

Wifi from your modem/router has nothing to do with 4G. The D7000v2 broadcasts wifi at 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz. Nothing to do with 4G, which is a mobile phone thing.

• “the phone disconnects from the WiFi (shows 4G)”. The phone shows 4G at the top where the WiFi signal was when I was connected to the router. WiFi on the phone, then as I click apply it all looks good for about 5 seconds then my phone disconnects from the router and the internet signal on the router drops.

If it is possible, you would do better to set up your modem/router with a wired connection to a PC rather than a mobile phone.

• Also tried this and for some reason I am unable to even connect to the router? Just sits there trying to load.

If you factory reset the modem/router, the setup wizard should kick in and guide you through the setup process.

• I will try this.

Thanks for the help so far.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7