Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't log in to DGN1000v3

kaygee46
Initiate

Can't log in to DGN1000v3

For some reason I'm unable to log in to my DGN1000v3 using either "routerlogin.net" or its ip address. When I enter the username and password, both default, I just get a blank browser page with a mouse cursor. It makes no attempt to log in. The modem is working perfectly as far as internet connection goes. Why can't log in?
Message 1 of 9
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Try a different browser, which browser did you use? Try internet explorer if you tried it with another browser. Maybe just a hiccup with your router.
Message 2 of 9
covillen1
Apprentice

kaygee46,

Have you tried to factory reset your modem?
Message 3 of 9
kaygee46
Initiate

Yes, I'm sure its the modem. Looking around the forum there are others with the same problem but with different Netgear modems. No real fix other than rest the modem, clear browser cache (didn't have any effect), try a different browser (tried that) etc. The last time it did this I rebooted the modem and it worked for a few days before once again denying me access. There are enough others with the same problem that It seems to be a Netgear problem.
Message 4 of 9
covillen1
Apprentice

call NetGear and see if its still under warranty?
Message 5 of 9
kaygee46
Initiate

Its only one month old. Even though I can't talk to it its actually working so I'm a bit reluctant to have to go through the hassle of a warranty claim, and to be modem-less while they fix or replace it.
Message 6 of 9
covillen1
Apprentice

kaygee46,

have you tried to download the Genie app. from Net Gear? This might help you log in. you may also be able to update the firmware. Here is a link.

http://www.netgear.com/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx
Message 7 of 9
kaygee46
Initiate

I already have the Genie and it used to let me in. Now it says the router cannot be found or is not supported - both of which are wrong because it used to allow me to log in. I have already updated the firmware the last time I was able to log in to the modem.
Message 8 of 9
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please confirm the IP data allocated to the PC. Go to a Command prompt (Start, All programs, Accessories, Command Prompt), type ipconfig /all, then post the results here. You can copy from the window, right click, select ‘Mark’, highlight all the text, then press enter to copy to the buffer, then paste into any edit window.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7