Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't login to new D7800 Nighthawk AC2600

orb
Tutor
Tutor

Can't login to new D7800 Nighthawk AC2600

Hi All

Got my new D7800 AC2600 router a week or so ago.. Set it up and all was ok.. However after a week I decided I would

like to check the settings in the router so tried to login. I can't!

I've tried all the info on the Netgear site including powering the router down for 10 minutes, and then finaly trying the

factory reset button, but I still can't log in.. I've tried three different laptops and connected via wireless and ethernet cable but

it still wont let me in.

It's as if the firmware itself is locked-up.

Could I get some help please?

Thank you

Webpage either shows this message: The connection has timed out - The server at 192.168.1.1 is taking too long to respond

Or this...

2017-02-18_113209.png

Message 1 of 6
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: Can't login to new D7800 Nighthawk AC2600

Are you running Kaspersky security software?

Message 2 of 6
netwrks
Master

Firewall software aside, if you reset the router to factory default, then use the default router login / password.

Message 3 of 6
orb
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

@LeeH  No.. I'm running Avira AV on my main machine, and the other two machines have no AV active.

@netwrks  I have factory reset the router, but there is no login page.. the page times out before I get there 😞

I Meant to add...

I've tired getting to the router login page with Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer too but just get the same 'Connection Timed Out' results.

Message 4 of 6

Does ipconfig show you an IP address for the "Default gateway"?

If so, tried that?

Message 5 of 6
orb
Tutor
Tutor

It does show up in ipconfig and during this trouble the device was connected to the net, however it was totally unaccessible via normal means. However I am happy to say that I am back into it.

For anybody else that can't log-in to a Netgear D7800 the way I got back in was to.. Press the reset button multiple times whilst powercycling the router.

After this I could connect to it again but each and every page response was was extremely slooow (like 3 minutes for each page to load).. Sometimes the pages would not load at all just showing a sad face with "connection lost" (The was hardwired BTW)

After yet another reboot the router came back to life normally and I managed to restore my backed-up settings. I can now access the

router via 192.168.1.1 again... Phew!

I must say NETGEAR.. That having worked with many many routers and devices over the years... That the firmware (1.0.1.16) in the D7800 (AC2600) Nighthawk router must be either very flaky, or poorly coded. As this is by far the biggest issue I've ever experienced accessing and configuring

any gateway.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7