Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot connect my nighthawk d7000 to bt fibre

Splitr
Tutor

Cannot connect my nighthawk d7000 to bt fibre

I'm trying to conect to bt fibre with D7000. I get to the end of the geni wizard and it looks like it is conected but the admin page shows not connected to the internet.

Would appreciate any advice.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Splitr
Tutor

It looked like it was connected because the internet light was white and the logs seemed to be showing connected.

I did manually configure it in  the end and got it to work after I changed the login to: 

bthomehub@btbroadband.com which I copied from the BT home hub with a blank pasword.

The domain name in the login was originally missing the "bt".

All working now, and I must say, working extreemly well!  I have good signal all round the house wheras before I had a number of repeaters. So homehub is now in the cupboard.

Only problem now is that I have an Orbi mesh ariving tomorrow and I don't know if I need it!

Thanks for the quick respnse.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] D7000 [...]

D7000[v1] or D7000v2?  Look for "Model" on the product label.
Firmware version?  Connected to what?

> [...] bt fibre [...]

Does that mean DSL, or an ONT, or what, exactly?

> [...] it looks like it is conected [...]

What, exactly, does "conected" look like to you?

> [...] I get to the end of the geni wizard [...]

Try manually configuring it?  You might need to get some relevant
information from the ISP.

Message 2 of 4
Splitr
Tutor

It looked like it was connected because the internet light was white and the logs seemed to be showing connected.

I did manually configure it in  the end and got it to work after I changed the login to: 

bthomehub@btbroadband.com which I copied from the BT home hub with a blank pasword.

The domain name in the login was originally missing the "bt".

All working now, and I must say, working extreemly well!  I have good signal all round the house wheras before I had a number of repeaters. So homehub is now in the cupboard.

Only problem now is that I have an Orbi mesh ariving tomorrow and I don't know if I need it!

Thanks for the quick respnse.
Message 3 of 4

@Splitr wrote:

Your call.

The D7000 dates back to 2015 and won't be as good as the Orbi mesh system when it comes to wifi, especially the ease of use. 

The Orbi may also have various extra features, things like Circle Parental Controls, although they need a monthly subscription.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7