Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuring RFC 1483

dypcdiver
Aspirant

Configuring RFC 1483

As a new member of this forum can I tap into the "cumulative knowledge base" of the members.
I have spent 16 hours playing with the this new Modem/Router and cannot get on to the internet:confused:
My ISP is Movistar/Telefonica here in Spain who in 2002 supplied me with a static IP which seems to be causing my problems now.
Firstly the protocol needs to be set to RFC 1483 and I cannot find a way to do it.
Secondly the Encapsulation needs LLC/SNAP.
Can someone help me please? 😞

Message 1 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: Configuring RFC 1483

Do you have a v1 or v2 of the DGND3700? If a v1 and you have the new firmware referenced in the sticky "New firmware with built in Torrent Client" near the top of threads in this forum, it is on the Basic settings page.
Message 2 of 6
dypcdiver
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply w3wilkes,
I have the v2 version and on the advice of one of the "Support staff" I have re-flashed the firmware to DGND3700v2h1_V1.1.00.15_1.00.15 with no change to the situation.

My ADSL line is live and the modem can see it, the light turns a steady green ie. the DSL light (symbol of a spiral, looking like to "X's") and the internet light (globe with arrow) stays a steady red.

Are you saying that the "New firmware with built in Torrent Client" has the RFC 1483 protocol included in it and is it suitable for Europe in particular Spain?
Message 3 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

The firmware I referred to is NOT compatible with the DGND3700v2. But, the firmware shows that it supports RFC 1483 bridge mode. I cannot say for sure that if you had a DGND3700v1 and this firmware that it would work. You'd need to get someone who has actually tried it to respond.
Message 4 of 6
dypcdiver
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll just wait, but not holding my breath.
"Support staff" will not confirm that the v2 is compatible or not with RFC 1483 (I don't think they know).

" Newer modems of any brand do not need to specify Protocol and Annex, and they usually already go online using the ISP name and password (Manually entering the VCI and VPI or static IP addresses only apply if the ISP's require these settings to be included). The manual configurations we have recommended through this Email apply to any country."

But it does not work, simple as that.
Message 5 of 6
_AC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just posting to say that richud's Torrent firmware with RFC 1483 doesn't seem to support transparent bridge mode (i.e DGND3700 as modem --> Router doing PPPoE). I just tried.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7