Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection running slowly suddenly?

Chromalisk
Aspirant

Connection running slowly suddenly?

I've been having problems all of a sudden with my connection, while I can perform standard tasks, things such as playing games or having voice calls has caused cut offs half way through or calls interrupted because the connection is unstable, meaning I'm missing large portions of the call.

I'm fairly certain this isn't a computer issue, I've checked task manager for problems, everything seems normal and I haven't downloaded anything that would affect this as far as I'm aware.

Model: DGN2000|WIRELESS-N ROUTER WITH BUILT-IN DSL MODEM
Message 1 of 4

Re: Connection running slowly suddenly?

Asked your Internet service provider if it has been having issues?

Restarted the modem/router?

It shouldn't make any difference on a slow internet line, but your device first came out nearly 10 years ago. If you are using wifi, it won't be the fastest kid on the block. It does not do 5GHz wifi and has 100BASE network ports, which is a tenth the speed of most modern PCs.

Message 2 of 4
Chromalisk
Aspirant

Can you recommend a better router? I'll check with the Internet Provider but I'd like to find out in advance if its because I have a slow router what I can get that could improve speed.

Message 3 of 4

Unless you can prove to yourself that the old modem/router is dying, a new one won't do much to speed up your Internet access, especially if you have an ADSL connection. My references to speed really apply to your local network, the wifi and LAN speeds.

When it comes to finding a replacement, look for a modem/router – a router on its own is no use – and pick the features that you'd like.

ADSL is on its last legs, so you should look for a DSL device.

DSL Modems | DSL Routers | NETGEAR

If your Internet service provider has a user forum, you could ask fellow customers for suggestions, based on things that they have got to work.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7