Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Constant red power light -DGND3700v2

Warren3113
Novice

Constant red power light -DGND3700v2

Whilst conducting a firmware update the modem shut down and now only has a red power light at the front. The firmware update was stared through the web page Windows computer via a cable. The factory re-set does not seem to make any difference . I now cannot get access to the modem via the computer and the modem just has a single solid red power light. Help pls.

Message 1 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]Power LED Stays Red

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]When the wireless modem router is turned on, the Power LED turns red for about 20 seconds and then turns green. If the LED does not turn green, the wireless modem router has a problem.
If the Power LED is still red one minute after you turn on power to the wireless modem router:

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]1.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]Turn the power off and back on to see if the wireless modem router recovers.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]2.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]Press and hold the

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]Restore Factory Settings

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]button to return the wireless modem router to its factory settings. See

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]Factory Settings

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]on page 142.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]If the error persists, you might have a hardware problem and should contact technical support at

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]www.netgear.com/support

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3].

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Message 2 of 10
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Message 3 of 10
invamped
Guide

Hi,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? I tried doing a firmware update also which failed and now only have a red light.

Please let me know,

thanks

Message 4 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello invamped 

If your getting a red light then something has failed I would suggest contacting Netgear phone support if your modem is still under warranty.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

DarrenM

Message 5 of 10
invamped
Guide

I manage to get this going again, instead of setting my comp to a static IP I kept it as dchp and dns to the ip of the router. Sounds weird, but its almost like this forced the router to do something different. Then hitting the webpage with the ip address brought up a message saying the routers firmware was bust and gave me the option up upload another one. after uploading it has been working for a week. So it wasn't a hardware issue. This thing has terrible range however, nothing like it states on the features.

thanks

Message 6 of 10
edux
Aspirant

Thans invanped! Your solution worked for me as well

It looks like the router enables an emergency WebUI to upload a new image.

All working fine again 🙂

Message 7 of 10
rajivsharma
Initiate

Can you please help me having constant Power Red light . Tried a lot even contacted netgear customer care . Advised me that hardware problem can you please send me step by step information to fix this please
Message 8 of 10
w3wilkes
Prodigy

This condition is discussed on page 132 of the manual.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DGND3700V2/DGND3700v2_UM_05June2014.pdf

It tells you to do a factory reset. If that doesn't clear the problem it says you probably have a hardware failure. If that's the case you will have to buy a new modem/router. If you want a device that the vendor supports you might want to consider something other than Netgear. Netgear doesn't tend to listen to their customers suggestions or needs, but they're more than happy to try and charge you for speaking with them on the phone.

Message 9 of 10
edux
Aspirant

Hello there,

I was able to fix this issue by configuring DHCP on my workstation and pluging the network cable on the router.

The router enables a HTTP emergency page to restore a broken image.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7