Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D1500 Slow Download Speed

harry4ever
Aspirant

D1500 Slow Download Speed

i just bought N300 D1500 3 days ago but when i plugged it in the maximum speed iam receiving never exceed 9215 k/b 

but whenver i get back to my other router i can receive more data than that 

by the way iam using it on my computer not just wifi 

so please i need solution for this problem 

never exceed that limit

Rate (kbps)9215 kbps1020 kbps
Model: D1500|N300 WiFi DSL Modem Router-Essential Edition
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions

Re: D1500 Slow Download Speed

@harry4ever wrote:

If the ADSL provides up to 8m/b or something in that range so i have the VDSL cuz as i said with the other modem routers i can receive up to 16m/b 

That's not what I said. You may have ADSL on 16 Mbps. But without you telling is WHAT SPEED YOU PAY FOR and WHAT YOUR INTERNET SERVICE IS, all this is guesswork on my part.

If an ISP is pushing 16 Mbps on ADSL, perhaps using ADSL2+, that may need some sort of setting.

Please do some research into your Internet service, especially the settings it needs, the most important detail, and the type of technology. Flailing around with your idea of what is happening won't get you much further.

@harry4ever wrote:

and the MTU iam using in the other router was 1492 which was my default in netgear modem before netgear support asks me to change it 

That is just one of the many settings involved. And Netgear support can only guess as what might be needed.

Is there a user group for your ISP? If so, ask for help there.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> i just bought N300 D1500 [...]

Why?

> but whenver i get back to my other router i can receive more data than
> that

"more data"?  Numbers?  Has your "my other router" a maker and model
number?

What kind of DSL service do you have?  ADSL?  VDSL?

> Model: D1500|N300 WiFi DSL Modem Router-Essential Edition

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get some.  Read.  Note that the modem in a D1500 is
for ADSL.  (Its other features are unimpressive, too, but I'd worry
first about the modem versus your service.)

Message 2 of 11
harry4ever
Aspirant

Are you amazed or asking or trying to help or what exactly cuz i truly cant understand what do u want?

Message 3 of 11

As the D1500 is a DSL modem/router combination, it might help of you told people what internet speed you are subscribed to. Perhaps also the Internet service provider.

The D1500 is a basic and not very capable DSL modem/router. No matter what speed your Internet runs at, nothing on your network will communicate at anything faster than 100 Mbps, probably slower. That's because it "wiring" is struck at that speed whereas just about every other device sold these days can handle 1000 Mbps. (look for the Gigabit label.) Of course, this doesn't mean that you can get things to run that fast on the Internet connection, but the traffic on your own local network is stuck at 100 Mbps.

You mention another router. Is that sitting alongside the D1500 DSL modem/router?

Message 4 of 11
antinode
Guru

> [...] i truly cant understand what do u want?

Information.  We want information.  Answers to some basic questions.
For example, which part of "Why?" was hard to understand?

You seem to be claiming that some different "my other router" is
faster than the D1500.  What is your "my other router"?  How fast is it?
(How you got those speed numbers might be interesting, too, but I don't
want to press my luck.)

> What kind of DSL service do you have? ADSL? VDSL?

Still wondering.

Do you think that anyone else _here_ can answer these questions?

Message 5 of 11
harry4ever
Aspirant

well 
my internet provider is " WE internet "

the other routers i have is " orange " which i got from from another internet co. when i had contract with them 

and tp link cheap 1 " so cheap  1 " 
https://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/tp-link-adsl2-modem-router-td-8816-4823065/i/

Attainable Rate (Kbps)18064 kbps1140 kbps
Rate (kbps)9215 kbps

1020 kbps

with D1500 the actual rate never exceed this , not even with 1 kb
when i use other routers it can get to 13 to 16 m/b so easy

i keep contacting them " netgear support " and follow their instructions like changing DNS , wireless channel or the MTU
then contacting them again after 24h 
nothing ever change 

Message 6 of 11
harry4ever
Aspirant

and the answer to WHY question is 

i bought the Netgear router cuz i made 1 more internet contract 
so i have 2 internets at home 
and the tp link router is unstable " which means it needs configuration " alot otherwise it just disconnect 
so i needed another modem router

Message 7 of 11
harry4ever
Aspirant

i was looking around when i found that some1 else had the same problem with same router

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/N300-D1500-Wireless-Router-slow-download-speed/m...

i think i have ADSL not VDSL

Message 8 of 11

@harry4ever wrote:

i think i have ADSL not VDSL

ADSL is an old Internet technology. As many ISPs implemented it, the top speed it delivered was 8 Mbps. VDSL usually provides something up to 70 MBps.

The modem you linked to offers 18064 kbps, or 18 Mbps in real money. But that tells us nothing about the service that you pay for. In any case you were using it on a different network.

The other message you linked to is for a very different type of Internet, the Australian NBN service. This is not ADSL. So who knows what was slowing down their connection, beyond the problem that many people have with getting the right settings for NBN? (That's a common theme around here.)

The settings could be the key to your problem. There are plenty of them to confuse us all. MTU is just one of them. If you can compare the settings on the TP-Link with those on the D1500 maybe that will give you some clues.

There probably isn't much point in asking Netgear for help with these settings. They are down to your ISP. And with thousands of ISPs around the planet even if it wanted to Netgear can't keep up with them all.

Message 9 of 11
harry4ever
Aspirant

If the ADSL provides up to 8m/b or something in that range so i have the VDSL cuz as i said with the other modem routers i can receive up to 16m/b 

and the MTU iam using in the other router was 1492 which was my default in netgear modem before netgear support asks me to change it 

Message 10 of 11

@harry4ever wrote:

That's not what I said. You may have ADSL on 16 Mbps. But without you telling is WHAT SPEED YOU PAY FOR and WHAT YOUR INTERNET SERVICE IS, all this is guesswork on my part.

If an ISP is pushing 16 Mbps on ADSL, perhaps using ADSL2+, that may need some sort of setting.

Please do some research into your Internet service, especially the settings it needs, the most important detail, and the type of technology. Flailing around with your idea of what is happening won't get you much further.

@harry4ever wrote:

That is just one of the many settings involved. And Netgear support can only guess as what might be needed.

Is there a user group for your ISP? If so, ask for help there.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7