Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D2200D Serious Bug & No Updates

Trioxin
Aspirant

D2200D Serious Bug & No Updates

The ethernet on both of these breaks at random if you have wfi disabled. I can't find any firmware updates. This is Frontier's main DSL modems they give to customers. I have 2 of these I use to combine via speedify and provide a hotspot via connectify. The 2 routers are clogging up my airwaves. Unacceptable. Here's another thread with the same problem: https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/D2200D-Ethernet-ports-stop-working/td-p/1099413

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D2200D Serious Bug & No Updates

Hello Trioxin

These modems were made for the ISP and they handle all the support for them you will have to contact Frontier.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Trioxin
Aspirant

I contacted Frontier and they sent me back to Netgear. What a surprise.

Message 3 of 5
Nigel_Samhain
Aspirant

I have gone through three of these D2200D-1FRNAS Modem+Routers since 2015 -all of which have died unexpectedly. Frontier keeps issuing these units even though they have a known issue with the open source firmware they have been distributing with them. It is blaringly evident that they simply flashed these units with a version they threw together from the old Westell units they issued before. They were so negligent and careless they didnt even bother renaming the Frontier image that appears within the embedded Webserver files. Further evidence is as follows- 

var NATProfile0_Enable = new Array("0","1","1","1");
 var NATProfile0_Nickname = new Array("Westell Modem Service VoIP SIP","Westell Modem Service Envoy","Westell Modem Service Rip","FTP");
 var NATProfile0_Protocol = new Array("udp","tcp","udp","tcp");
 var NATProfile0_WANPortStart = new Array("5060","4567","520","20");
 var NATProfile0_WANPortEnd = new Array("5060","4567","520","21");

This was just a small sample of the HTML source. There is literally Westell branding all over it....Is there any wonder why it doesnt work on a Netgear product? 

The firmware is open source and probably very stable when running on the hardware for which it was intended.

I thought I would follow this post up in hopes that it may provide the people at Netgear some insight as to the real issue at hand. I personally happen to like using Netgear products, but a company like Frontier only serves to tarnish the brand through poor customer service, misuse of open source software and lack of accountability. 

Firmware version 

Current Version:VER_01.00.24
Newer Version:"Unknown"  At least they were honest about that much 
Message 4 of 5
Trioxin
Aspirant

Maybe we can get DDWRT or Tomato on it? Maybe those developers will help us even more than the ISP and by extention the hardware manufacturer we've paid.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7