Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D3600 firmware upgrade

Mikesyd
Aspirant

D3600 firmware upgrade

I have downloaded the firmware (V1.0.0.68) upgrade .zip file for Router Model D3600. I have established a wire connection between my computer and the router. I have logged into http://routerlogin.net. I have clicked the 'Advanced' tab. I have clicked the 'Administration' tab....and nothing happens. I get stuck at this point each time I have loggin in and out of http://routerlogin.net. Any suggestions to address this issue would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: D3600 firmware upgrade

@Mikesyd wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

That is correct... When i click on the 'Advance' tab and then on the 'Adminstration' tab I do not reach the 'Adminstration' page. 

The fact that you can get that far is good news. It means that your device has not reached the "bricked" stage which can require exotic recovery techniques, such as tftp.

There are plenty of things to try before that. First the simple factory reset is safe and painless. See page 155 in the manual (link above). Make a note of the essential settings, especially the login details for your Internet service provider.

A different browser can help, as could disabling any ad blockers that could kill essential pop ups.

The more information you can provide, the quicker it can be to provide possible solutions. For example, what do the LEDs on the modem/router look like? Are they as expected. (Check pages 10 and 189 in  the manual)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

First, the D3600 is a modem/router, so this is not the best place to ask for help.

DSL Modems & Routers - NETGEAR Communities

There is a manual for the D3600 at the end of this link:

>>>>> D3600 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<<

See page 152.

@Mikesyd wrote:

I have clicked the 'Advanced' tab. I have clicked the 'Administration' tab....and nothing happens.

By "nothing happens", do you mean that you do not reach the Administration page?

Message 2 of 5
Mikesyd
Aspirant

That is correct... When i click on the 'Advance' tab and then on the 'Adminstration' tab I do not reach the 'Adminstration' page. 

Message 3 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] my computer [...]

Not a very detailed description of anything.  Have you tried a
different web browser?

> [...] When i click on the 'Advance' tab and then on the
> 'Adminstration' tab I do not reach the 'Adminstration' page.

What, exactly, _does_ happen?

If the router's web-browser interface won't let you do a normal
firmware load, then you may need to try the TFTP recovery scheme:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1533866#M87578

Message 4 of 5

@Mikesyd wrote:

The fact that you can get that far is good news. It means that your device has not reached the "bricked" stage which can require exotic recovery techniques, such as tftp.

There are plenty of things to try before that. First the simple factory reset is safe and painless. See page 155 in the manual (link above). Make a note of the essential settings, especially the login details for your Internet service provider.

A different browser can help, as could disabling any ad blockers that could kill essential pop ups.

The more information you can provide, the quicker it can be to provide possible solutions. For example, what do the LEDs on the modem/router look like? Are they as expected. (Check pages 10 and 189 in  the manual)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7