Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D500 Firmware Upgrade Failed

klopp
Aspirant

D500 Firmware Upgrade Failed

My D500 is presently running Firmware Version V1.0.0.27_1.0.1PE. When I do a "Check for new version from the Internet" under Firmware Upgrade section in NETGEAR genie, it says "No new firmware version available". And, in that same Firmware Upgrade section, when I upload the D500-V1.0.0.28_1.0.1PE.zip file as downloaded from https://kb.netgear.com/000060208/D500-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-28, it says "file format error". But I did get an email notification from NETGEAR some months back which said that v1.0.0.28 is available for D500.

Has anyone here been able to upgrade D500 to v1.0.0.28?

Model: D500|N150 WiFi DSL Modem Router-Essential Edition
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

@klopp wrote:

My D500 is presently running Firmware Version V1.0.0.27_1.0.1PE. When I do a "Check for new version from the Internet" under Firmware Upgrade section in NETGEAR genie, it says "No new firmware version available".

Firmware updates can take their time in reaching the FTP update server that does the automated update through the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

There are three versions of the latest firmware. Have you retrieved, and unzipped, the right one?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@klopp wrote:

My D500 is presently running Firmware Version V1.0.0.27_1.0.1PE. When I do a "Check for new version from the Internet" under Firmware Upgrade section in NETGEAR genie, it says "No new firmware version available".

Firmware updates can take their time in reaching the FTP update server that does the automated update through the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

There are three versions of the latest firmware. Have you retrieved, and unzipped, the right one?

Message 2 of 3
klopp
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@klopp wrote:

Just realized that the problem was because I was uploading the downloaded zip file itself. Extracting it and using the .img file upgraded the firmware to the latest v1.0.0.28. Thanks for the pointer.

Model: D500|N150 WiFi DSL Modem Router-Essential Edition
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7