Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6000 Address Reservation Table Gone

D6000 Address Reservation Table Gone

Hi,

I own a D6000, V1.0.0.76_1.0.1. I've been trying to set address reservations in my router's DHCP server, but the feature appears to have simply disappeared from my Genie web app (see the attached screenshot). No trace of it under Advanced > Setup > LAN Setup, nor in any other section (tested from multiple computers, both Mac and PCs, both wired and wi-fi, if relevant). Following what I have read here regarding problems with recent versions of the firmware (in particular, address reservations malfunctioning under 1.0.0.68), I have already tried to reflash the router to the latest firmware again (I had already upgraded to 1.0.0.76) and restore factory settings to no avail.

I am sure the feature had been previously available as I had already used it in the past, though I haven't needed it (and hadn't checked the relevant section) for a while. I'd say that approximately, under version 1.0.0.61 it was working fine.

Should I just downgrade my firmware or attempt other solutions?

Any help is very much appreciated. Have a good day.

Cheers

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions

Just a quick, final update, in case anyone is interested. After flashing my router five times and a good 45 minutes of screen-staring and praying and sacrificing to the gods of power grid continuity, I have determined that if you own this router and need the address reservation feature, the firmware you should be downgrading to is V1.0.0.67_1.0.1.

The address reservation UI also shows up in versions 0.72 to 0.68, but it's not working (it results in a blank page as described in the thread linked above and the reservations aren't retained).

@antinode wrote:

Expecting anyone at Netgear to
follow such reports here seems to be unrealistic, too.

Let's put it this way. The Italian support actually took my call, were kind and knew about the issue, which I think is a great victory (I was already picturing myself a dusty rotary phone idly ringing in a dark basement). They also told me it's seen as an end-of-life product, so I don't expect they'll be addressing the issue though.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] my Genie web app [...]

Does that mean that you're using some app(s) or a web browser?

> [...] (see the attached screenshot).

You've cropped too many meta-data.

> [...] (tested from multiple computers, both Mac and PCs, both wired
> and wi-fi, if relevant) [...]

Which browser?  (If you're using Chrome everywhere, for example, then
the device/OS may not matter.  I wouldn't expect wired v. wireless to
matter.)

> [...] Should I just downgrade my firmware or attempt other solutions?

If it's not browser-sensitive, then that's what I'd do.

Message 2 of 7

Thank you for your suggestions! I am attaching another version of my screenshot of the web-based interface I am seeing (by which I mean the one you get when you head to the router's address from a browser) that I hope will be more informative.

Based on your comments, I have tried accessing it from a couple of different browsers but the result doesn't change. I have a limited understanding of the subject, but I have also tried to look up the "reservation" keyword in the main frame's source code, and a number of seemingly relevant but commented-out portions of code crop up (I don't think I can to post those here though). I think this points to the feature being left out purposedly from the latest firmware, which is the one I am running.

I will try and downgrade and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 7

Update: I was able to get in touch with support on the phone and they say it is a known issue. The feature has been removed by tech in the latest version and the advice is to downgrade to 1.0.0.75 or 1.0.0.72 (they weren't 100% sure and the release notes are not clear).

Message 4 of 7
antinode
Guru

> [...] I think this points to the feature being left out purposedly
> from the latest firmware, [...]

Purposely, or stupidly.  It's hard to tell.  It's starting to look
like a trend, though (same version number on a D3600):

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1689257

Message 5 of 7
antinode
Guru

> [...] they say it is a known issue. [...]

That's reassuring. (In a way.)

> [...] and the release notes are not clear [...]

Netgear's firmware release notes are almost always useless, so that's
to be expected, I suppose.

Thanks for the research and update.  Expecting anyone at Netgear to

Message 6 of 7

Just a quick, final update, in case anyone is interested. After flashing my router five times and a good 45 minutes of screen-staring and praying and sacrificing to the gods of power grid continuity, I have determined that if you own this router and need the address reservation feature, the firmware you should be downgrading to is V1.0.0.67_1.0.1.

The address reservation UI also shows up in versions 0.72 to 0.68, but it's not working (it results in a blank page as described in the thread linked above and the reservations aren't retained).

@antinode wrote:

Expecting anyone at Netgear to

Let's put it this way. The Italian support actually took my call, were kind and knew about the issue, which I think is a great victory (I was already picturing myself a dusty rotary phone idly ringing in a dark basement). They also told me it's seen as an end-of-life product, so I don't expect they'll be addressing the issue though.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7