Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6000 Disconnects and won't reconnect / Forgets details

AndrewK1
Aspirant

D6000 Disconnects and won't reconnect / Forgets details

Only had the D6000 for a couple of weeks.  Setup went good, then after a week or so I would lose the ADSL connection.  The only way to reconnect is to go to 192.168.1.1 and click connect.  At which point it will ask me for the log in details again.

I've found a few reviews that mention the same problem (some with multiple replacements) and they return the router.  Is there any fix out there?

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
AndrewK1
Aspirant

Problem solved. Ended up returning it and getting a different one.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Andrewk1

Have you made sure you are on the latest firmware? Also you might want to lower your MTU could be causing some issues.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24015?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
TonyW_Oz
Tutor

I am having this problem also. I have read many of the threads about this - (yes, I have latest firmware, connection mode is set to always on, etc etc)

It is frustrating as when I am away the family don't know how to fix the issue and our ISP is having occasional interruptions of service.

I have seen this problem reported in several closed threads. I have seen no resolution that I could understand. The answer seems to be that the D6000 is irretrievably broken and has no fix and that I have to return the router or take the loss and throw it away and buy something else.

I would prefer to be wrong. If anyone has a solution, then I would be extremely grateful to hear of it.

TonyW_Oz

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 3 of 8
AndrewK1
Aspirant

Yep, tried all that.  Even tried the older firmware, changing the ADSL cable, and changing the filter.

Annoyingly I can't replicate the problem.  It just happens randomly once or twice a day.

I'm the same as TonyW_Oz in the above post.  I'm the only one in the house that understands tech so if i'm not here they are without a connection

Message 4 of 8
AndrewK1
Aspirant

Problem solved. Ended up returning it and getting a different one.

Message 5 of 8
TonyW_Oz
Tutor

Hi AndrewK1,

You got a different NetGear D6000 AC750 unit or you got a different model and/or brand?

Message 6 of 8
TonyW_Oz
Tutor

Just to finish this off. Netgear Support asked me to reset the D6000 modem router to factory settings and then set it up from scratch. I did this and demonstrated the same problem occurred. After a power off the unit would not reconnect to the internet until I went into the router web page and hit the "Apply" button for internet settings.

With the demonstration of a reproducible fault Netgear support approved an exchange D6000. This has been installed and has no issues so far.

Message 7 of 8
AndrewK1
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay Tony,

When I took it back I couldn't exchange it for the same model even if I wanted to as they didn't have any left.  Decided to exchange it for an Asus DSL-N55U. 

Apart from a not so user friendly installation, I've had zero problems with it so far

Andrew

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7