Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6000 configuration setting from DGN2000

makburr
Aspirant

D6000 configuration setting from DGN2000

Can I import the configuration setting saved file from DGN2000 into the D6000?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well I suppose that you could take screen grabs of the various pages, or maybe even save web pages with the settings, but I’m not sure the entered data will save as part of a web page. If the data does save then you should be able to copy / paste into the relevant fields of the new router admin pages. Another option would be to copy settings into something like a Word document along with the field name, then the data could be pasted into the new router settings. Having a documented copy of your settings could turn out to be quite useful.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Saved configuration files are not compatible between router models, and sometimes not even compatible between firmware versions for the same model. The D6000 hardware is significantly different from the DGN2000 and the configuration files are not transferable.

Message 2 of 5
makburr
Aspirant

Thanks a lot....

It means that, if I change to the new modem/router D6000 from the DGN2000, I need to configurate all the settings, e.g. ports, dyndns, wifi password etc etc?

Is there any short-cut way to do the settings for the D6000?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well I suppose that you could take screen grabs of the various pages, or maybe even save web pages with the settings, but I’m not sure the entered data will save as part of a web page. If the data does save then you should be able to copy / paste into the relevant fields of the new router admin pages. Another option would be to copy settings into something like a Word document along with the field name, then the data could be pasted into the new router settings. Having a documented copy of your settings could turn out to be quite useful.

Message 4 of 5
makburr
Aspirant

Thanks a lot......

I'll try the screen grabs of the various pages.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7