Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6000 connection problems

PhilipBourgault
Aspirant

D6000 connection problems

Hi - I just purchased a D6000 modem router.  The WiFi works fine but I can't connect to the internet. Can someone help?

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4

You'll have to tell us a bit more if you want detailed help.

What have you tried and what happens?

You can get the documentation for this device here:

>>>>> D3600 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<<

The Quick Start guide is a good place to start.

Message 2 of 4
PhilipBourgault
Aspirant

I was told all I needed to do was to plug it in and it would pop up with an install genie and the wifi would be immediately discoverable.  I plugged the modem into the land line using the ADSL/Phone splitter, turned it on and the wifi was immediately identifyable by my laptop. i launched a web browser (goggle chrome) but the promised Netgear genie setup wizard did not load.  i manually typed in the web address and the installation detail into my laptop browser and waited. When prompted i entered admin for the user name and password as the password. It thought for several moments and asked me for the login and password.  This is the point at which I think i am in error as I again wrote admin and password as the username and password.   Should this be my login and password from my internet provider? What else 😕

Message 3 of 4

The password for the modem is not the same as the password for your ISP.

And neither of these passwords is the same as the wifi passwords for your modem.

The first thing you have to connect to is the modem's web interface. That is where you use admin for the user name and password as the password.

As the Quick Start guide says, you should do this with a wired connection to the modem if possible. If you can't then you will probably have to connect to the wifi first and then to the modem's web interface. The password for that should be on the back of the modem.

When you have done that you can then go to the relevant control pages and feed in the username and password for your ISP.

The guides on the link I gave you should explain where you do that. Page 39 of the manual may be useful:

Use the Setup Wizard After Initial Setup

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7