Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6000 doesn't reconnect to internet after reboot or power off

mistergrooveuk
Aspirant

D6000 doesn't reconnect to internet after reboot or power off

After a power failure or reboot the device wont automatically reconnect to the internet.  I have to go to 'Advanced' and click on the 'Connection Status' button and press the 'Connect' button.

Internet connection is set to 'Always on'.

I've tried every version of the firmware and a few factory resets.  The latest version won't allow allow me to set 'Address Reservations' which is an important feature to me.  

A simular question has been raised a few times before but was only solved by the author getting a replacement router. (https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/D6000-Disconnects-and-won-t-reconnect-Forgets-de...).  Marked as Solved! 😞

Simular issues on the D6300 it seems : https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/d6300-does-not-reconnect-to-web-after-power-outa... Also solved by buying a replacement.

Netgear will only investigate (offer support) or replace the device if I buy extended support (at almost the price of the device). I'm still within hardware warranty however!  

Any solutions out there?  Surely this seems like a firmware issue by now - as I can always reconnect manually with the 'Connect' button.

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4

@mistergrooveuk wrote:

Netgear will only investigate (offer support) or replace the device if I buy extended support (at almost the price of the device). I'm still within hardware warranty however!  

That is probably the best option.

Start a warranty return.

That is not typical behaviour.

Message 2 of 4
mistergrooveuk
Aspirant

I raised a support ticket and called them but netgear wont investigate as my 90 days support ran out.  They want me to pay for more support (at the nearly cost of the product)  in order to investigate the issue even though i'm still within warranty.

Seems like I have to pay in order to get any help at all.

Never experienced this situation before. 

Message 3 of 4

You can still start the warranty path after the 90 days.

Do it via mynetgear:

MyNETGEAR | Login

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7