Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6100 fails WPA2 connection with Samsung Galaxy Note

moog10538
Aspirant

D6100 fails WPA2 connection with Samsung Galaxy Note

Back when I purchased the D6100 AC1200 I upgraded to 1.0.0.50 firmware but it blocked my Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 from connecting.  I'd read about issues with Android so downgraded to 1.0.0.46 and it worked fine.

However, with the recent injection vulnerability I've had to upgrade to 1.0.0.55; unfortunately, the bug still hasn't been fixed.

I'm using WPA2+PSK.  All other devices connect fine.  Galaxy attempts to connect then fails.  I've tried factory reset, forget/re-connect, static IP, guest network ... everything.  Turning security off works but that's obviously not an option.  And it's not practical to filter by MAC because (a) my daughter's friends change phones like shoes and (b) the router won't let me run a filtered main and unfiltered guest network side-by-side.

The only common factor is the firmware.  Downgrade to .46 and the Galaxy connects; upgrade and it doesn't.  It's clear that Samsung have a very flaky handshaking thing going on but the problem is definintely at the Netgear side of things.  Any advice?

Model: D6100|AC1200 Wifi DSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: D6100 fails WPA2 connection with Samsung Galaxy Note

@moog10538 wrote:
The only common factor is the firmware. 

Did you factory reset the D6100 after you flashed the new firmware?

Message 2 of 3
moog10538
Aspirant

Re: D6100 fails WPA2 connection with Samsung Galaxy Note

Yes, tried factory reset after flashing firmware.  I even manually rebuilt my settings afterwards, to avoid importing anything from the config backup.

I've also tried removing the DHCP lease for the Galaxy's MAC address.  I've tried WPS instead of manual settings.  All to no avail.

As mentioned, the only thing that allowed the device to attach using WPA2 was downgrading the firmware.  I'm presuming that somewhere in the 0.50 build something changed which made the device less tolerant to the Samsung device.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7