Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6200 - Port Forwarding Issues

Jred
Aspirant

D6200 - Port Forwarding Issues

I have several port forwarding issues with my D6200.

Firstly why can I no-long "port forward"? that is why can I not forward external port a to internal port b. port forwarding is now really only a firewall rule not a true port froward. I only have the option to open port a externally and forward to internal port a.

Either way I still cannot accomplish that.

I have tried all sorts of different settings to get port forwarding to work and it seems like the device will only forward certain ports. This is using port forwarding and also DMZ, neither work.

I have set up a server on IP 192.168.1.2, the Router is 192.168.1.1.
it seems i can get port 8008 open from outside my network but low end ports eg, 22, 80 and 443 will not be forwarded. It seems the router is using these ports and will not let them go.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: D6200 - Port Forwarding Issues

Ports you have mentioned are open by default since these ports are used for HTTP/s.
Message 2 of 7
Jred
Aspirant

what do you mean by "open"? are they used by the router?

i am trying to forward port 22 currently and am getting no where.

the only port I can see in use by the router is the port I have open for remote login.
I have tried enabling and disabling the following and nothing seems to have made a difference.
Setup /WAN Setup
Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection
Default DMZ Server
Respond to Ping on Internet Port
NAT Filtering
USB Storage / Advanced Settings
Disabling all settings
USB Storage / Media Server
Enable Media Server
Security / Firewall Rules
Instant Messaging(IM) Ports
Advanced Setup/ UPnP
Turn UPnP On

I have contacted Netgear and they have been far less than helpful.
Message 3 of 7
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Port 80 is being used by ReadyShare. May I know the purpose for opening port 22?
Message 4 of 7
Jred
Aspirant

I have a NAS which is having issues. The manufacturer needs to remote in on HTTP/S and SSH (port 22).

I have actually turned off Ready Share but obviously this does make a difference?

Any ideas why true port forwarding has been removed from these products? It was there when I bought the product but in the last 2 or 3 firmware updates it was removed.

I must say I am incredibly disappointed with this router. Not just because of these port forwarding issues but mainly the support from Netgear themselves. Thankfully there are people like yourself 🙂
Message 5 of 7
Jred
Aspirant

Gave up and got a new modem. everything now working fine.
Message 6 of 7
ukez
Aspirant

Yep, I'm considering returning my D6200 and going for the ASUS one that I originally went in the shop to buy yesterday. I've selected the pre-configured port applications produced by Netgear, I've applied them and they still wont open.

For me to call Netgear now and get any kind of customer service, requires me to dial a premium rate number to get customer support to advise me, on a fault that they may or may not be able to resolve.

I followed their manual, I've selected their pre-configured settings, I've applied them and the Ports flat out refuse to work. I should have stuck with my Draytek.

Its one thing charging a premium rate number for business customer support, but to use those numbers for normal civs is disgusting. :eek:
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7