D6200 Port Forwarding | VPN question!

ukez
Aspirant

D6200 Port Forwarding | VPN question!

I just tried to open the following ports on a Netgear D6200:

VPN-PPTP TCP 1723
VPN-L2TP UDP 1701
VPN-IPSEC UDP 500

I selected the pre-configured PPTP, L2TP from the drop down menu and they added okay. The pre-configured IPSEC on the other hand wouldn't add, the router stated the following:

The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type

I've navigated to each of the suggested router configurations (USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type) and I can see no setting for VPN-IPSEC UDP 500 showing as being in use.

Also, the same ports that I could actually apply as mentioned above still wont open either, to make matter worst.

Any ideas please?

Message 1 of 4
scottu5
Aspirant

Re: D6200 Port Forwarding | VPN question!

I am having the identical problem...and have been unable to find an answer or resolve the problem.  The only difference from your issue...I just upgraded firmware to latest version for the Router, still no success (ps. all firewalls have been turned off).

thanks..s

Message 2 of 4
Rbeeze
Aspirant

I am also having the exact same problem when trying to add VPN-IPSEC UDP 500 port forwarding.  I was able to add the other ports needed, just not port 500.

Message 3 of 4
CJNW
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I can't port forward predefined ports ie SSH Port 22, TELNET Port 23

I can port forward when I add a custom service for Port 8888

I note that this appears to be a common issue.

It would be nice to hear from a Netgear representative on how to get around this issue.

FYI I've installed the latest firmware 1.1.00.17 and the issue still exists.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7