Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6200 on SKY BROADBAND

Brooksy1882
Aspirant

D6200 on SKY BROADBAND

I purchased this new router but apparently SKY BROADBAND do not issue customers DSL passwords to customers.

Is anyone else have Sky as their ISP and somehow got your D6200 to work on this??

What DSL username and password did you use??

Message 1 of 5
Brooksy1882
Aspirant

Re: D6200 on SKY BROADBAND

I would LOVE to THANK NETGEAR SUPPORT.....for their lack of support really. Didnt help me one bit!! Very flippant and very un professional..... THANK GOD for Google.... I wish I could claim back the hours I spent on the phone to tech support, online chats or wasted emails sent.....
Message 2 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

In your first post you are asking an open question to the general forum population, which is multinational, so only a small fraction will be Sky users, and a lesser fraction (if any) will have done what you want to do. You had no replies because regular forum members simply won’t have an answer for you.

You seem to think that Netgear are obliged to help you to go against the wishes of Sky Broadband by providing you with information that Sky refuse to divulge, can’t you see that this would be an unacceptable and unethical business practice?
Message 3 of 5
Brooksy1882
Aspirant

Quite a disappointing reply I think? Granted a small percentage of NETGEAR users are on Sky Broadband

The predicament was that I had searched the high streets and conducted my research online and felt spending £129.99! on a Netgear product was in my best interests. As it clearly is considerably more expensive than other routers. Spending money on a NETGEAR product and becoming a customer of yours! How many other barnads of routers are there out there to choose from but a s acustomer i/we choose NETGEAR?

Once I opened the box I am unable to return this product as its not faulty. All I was asking, repeatedly is for help and guidance. If NETGEAR themselves were not able to say (for whatever reasons) could an assistant not have said we cannot help but search on google/youtube and you’ll find your answers there? I mean how dare I have an issue with your product and ask NETGEAR  for help??

Message 4 of 5
clithes
Prodigy

Did your online research not include Google ?

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-router/55168-extract-username-password-sr102.html

Not having the correct Sky username and password is hardly Netgear's fault is it, or their product's?

I also agree with Babylon5.  Why would Netgear as a company show you how to extract your username and password from another company's hardware, especially as Sky themselves won't show you how to do it or tell you what your username and password is ? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7