Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6200 won't update to Firmware Version V1.1.00.34

SteveS66
Guide

D6200 won't update to Firmware Version V1.1.00.34

My D6200 WiFi DSL Modem Router won't update it's Firmware Version from V1.1.00.32 to V1.1.00.34.

I'm on Windows 10 (64bit) which is fully up to date & the modem is for a home/private network.

My NETGEAR Genie version is 2.4.60 which is showing a message "! A new firmware upgrade is available. Click here.". When I click on it it or use Router Settings > Router Update > Next, it says it's downloading the files (3-5 minutes & all internet connections are terminated), but the update fails (see first 2 images below).New Firmware Available message etc.New Firmware Available message etc.Update failed!Update failed!192.168.0.1 not loading/working!192.168.0.1 not loading/working!When I click "Finish", my browser opens to login using 192.168.0.1 but the webpage doesn't load properly & none of the buttons etc work except for the logout button (see above image).

So I can't use it to update the firmware either. Not sure what more info I can provide, but let me know what & how if needed. I haven't had any problems updating the firmware before.

Cheers.

Model: D6200|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
SteveS66
Guide

I fixed it!

You have to use Internet Explorer (I was using Chrome) as the browser to access the router login address (even then I had to hit the little arrow at the end of the search bar, or else it just does a Bing search, stupid IE).

So I installed the new firmware version I'd downloaded. Then you have to reboot the router to finish the update. It is now on V1.1.00.34 (see image below). I would of thought someone who works at Netgear would of been able to tell me that straight away.....but I'm not surprised these days. Just let the good old "community" fix it instead. Got any jobs going Netgear, I could do with some more work.....lol.Use Internet Explorer to update firmware (not Chrome).Use Internet Explorer to update firmware (not Chrome).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Steve, 

Kindly manually upgrade the FW by accessing the router admin page. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060563/D6200-Firmware-Version-1-1-00-34

Message 2 of 7
SteveS66
Guide

@Nodism1125 wrote:

Hi Steve, 

Kindly manually upgrade the FW by accessing the router admin page. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060563/D6200-Firmware-Version-1-1-00-34

Hi Nodism1125. I have already downloaded the new Firmware file and if you look at the bottom picture you can see that the router admin page doesn't load properly so I can't use it to upgrade the router. If it did, I would go ahead & instal the new firmware like I have before. The issue is, the Netgear Genie doesn't work nor does the browser login page.

So how am I supposed to instal the new FW version?

Message 3 of 7
SteveS66
Guide

I fixed it!

You have to use Internet Explorer (I was using Chrome) as the browser to access the router login address (even then I had to hit the little arrow at the end of the search bar, or else it just does a Bing search, stupid IE).

So I installed the new firmware version I'd downloaded. Then you have to reboot the router to finish the update. It is now on V1.1.00.34 (see image below). I would of thought someone who works at Netgear would of been able to tell me that straight away.....but I'm not surprised these days. Just let the good old "community" fix it instead. Got any jobs going Netgear, I could do with some more work.....lol.Use Internet Explorer to update firmware (not Chrome).Use Internet Explorer to update firmware (not Chrome).

Message 4 of 7
DavidRead
Tutor

Is this really solved?

I have upgraded to V1.1.00.34 and can login with Microsoft Edge (and also the Brave browser) but Chrome still give the "text only" view experienced by the OP.

Chrome worked fine on the previous version.

I have tried all the router reboot / Chrome cache clean suggested in other posts.

Can anyone confirm it is a problem with the V1.1.00.34 software?

Message 5 of 7
SteveS66
Guide

Hi David, the only solution was it let me install the new Firmware update. I still can't use Chrome to log into the router using 192.168.0.1. I have to use Internet Explorer. So I still have a problem with Chrome not working with Netgear. Maybe we should start a new topic re: Chrome not working with new Firmware update?

Also, I tried to include my router Model (D6200) in this reply but it wasn't available on the list for some reason. Anyway, hopefully Netgear can do something about Chrome not working, but I'm not holding my breath. Cheers mate.

Message 6 of 7

@SteveS66 wrote:

Hi David, the only solution was it let me install the new Firmware update. I still can't use Chrome to log into the router using 192.168.0.1. I have to use Internet Explorer. So I still have a problem with Chrome not working with Netgear. Maybe we should start a new topic re: Chrome not working with new Firmware update?

Also, I tried to include my router Model (D6200) in this reply but it wasn't available on the list for some reason. Anyway, hopefully Netgear can do something about Chrome not working, but I'm not holding my breath. Cheers mate.

I've got exactly the same issue with the web page not rendering correctly under Chrome (all other browsers work fine) for my D6200 at V1.1.00.34.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7