Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6220 - Preset Wireless Password Not Working

cbarresi1
Follower

D6220 - Preset Wireless Password Not Working

Very frustated. I'm from Melbourne Australia and have just brought an D6220 AC1200 WiFi VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem router that will not allow me to use the 'preset wireless password' to connect to wifi.

I since made a call to the support line and was told it was faulty. I raced down to the store i purchased from and they gave me a replacement.

I have no done everything as it says in the manual and STILL i'm not able to connect to the router via wifi by using the default password.

Any idea what could possibly be going wrong? Surely 2 routers can't be faulty....

HELP! Not even the support hotline tech's can help.

Thanks,

Cameron

Message 1 of 2

Re: D6220 - Preset Wireless Password Not Working

@cbarresi1 wrote:

I'm from Melbourne Australia and have just brought an D6220 AC1200 WiFi VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem router that will not allow me to use the 'preset wireless password' to connect to wifi.

Have you got the D6220 up and running with an Internet connection? Can you get in with a wired device?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

@cbarresi1 wrote:

I have no done everything as it says in the manual and STILL i'm not able to connect to the router via wifi by using the default password.

We'll have to take your word for that, but there afe lots of things that the manual doesn't cover that we don'lt know about.

What you are trying to connect with, the wifi client? Have you tried with more than one device? That would rule out issues with whatever client won't let you in.

And what messages do you see when you try to connect. Your description of what happens misses important clues, like the error messages that you see when you try to make the connection.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7